making gold

Moderator: Support Moderators

Uncle Ben

making gold

Post by Uncle Ben »

hi,
iam new here and want to know whats the best way to make gold here?
thanks much

Pirul

Re: making gold

Post by Pirul »

Safest, Easiest, Free: mining and or tailoring.
Easier, cheap for good money: Make a bard. (this is my suggestion on how to do it)
Most, but hardest: tamer in Elder Gazers (...be prepared to loose dragons, tho).
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Populus

Post by Populus »

Looting houses.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Mardas

Post by Mardas »

It really depends on how new you are. If you can make macros and read up on barding- you can have a 3 GM bard in 1-3 days and start in on making about 1-10k a day. After about a week you'll be making around 10-40k a day depending on how much you play.

Now if you're super new, and you don't really know a lot about macros or barding and you just want to make some spending cash in order to buy better weapons and armor you can make a blacksmith/miner or a tailor. You can make a fighter and go kill little stuff- skin it- and sell the hides and meat, you can catch fish and sell them or their fish steaks. you can just run around and shear sheep and sell the wool. Or you can lumberjack and sell the boards. Its all pretty mundane stuff- but its pretty easy. PM me if you have any more questions.

MM

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

play a 50 lumberjack 50 bowcraft noob and make bows and sell to npc vendors at highest price while macroing a bard or something else.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Yes like squall said; to really get the best out of this game run your 3 clients they allow you to run. Me and my IRL friend have a saying when it comes to this game "If you are not playing 3 different characters at the same time, you are not playing UO."

While I trained my bard so he could provoke stuff I worked on my mule and crafter and sold the creations to NPCs. My 1st character I made to hunt with was Pied Piper my bard. It is EZ money and goes great with macroing your other toons to level them up. Not to mention Barding uses 0 resources when you have a noob drum, tambourine, or harp when hunting monsters.

There are so many combinations of a bard one can make it is not even funny.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

mage bard or bust
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

My guy is mage bard tamer.

Return to “New Player Help”