Save times, and how we can reduce them.

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Apocal

Re: Save times, and how we can reduce them.

Post by Apocal »

It sounds like a great idea to me.

Jaster

Post by Jaster »

Are we gonna have a clean up brittania?

Abyss

Post by Abyss »

Lower save times to once every 1-2 hours in my opinion. This server is great but world saves and the constant lag spikes are very annoying...especially when the first lag spike after a world save normally comes directly after the world save takes place.
KINDRED OF NETH'ROKK[/center]

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

bump - old school post. I'm still loving my singing ball, neon hair dyes on all my chars, etc etc...

SO lucky to be there at the time.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Cleanup brit encourages the hoarding behavior and makes the problem worse. I guarantee you a lot of people are hoarding every item they can find (some are even buying junk items for cheap to hoard) so that when/if this occurs they can cash in big.

The solution is for the staff to step up and make it very clear that there will never be a 'cash in for items' cleanup. That way, people can quit hording junk in hopes of cashing in.

If anything, a clean up should be deleting ingame items for forum perks. Maybe some sort of special avatar (similar to the donations) or some sort of race.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Mens Rea
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mens Rea »

I unhoarded all of my items for CUB - I made this post and it was added not long after.

I did really well! :D