Treasure hunter question

Moderator: Support Moderators

TheMessy

Treasure hunter question

Post by TheMessy »

I am looking at a build from this post:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=27519

I was wondering if detect hidden is needed for a treasure hunter? Does it serve a purpose? I know a bit of mining helps when digging up the chest...but what is DH for?

Also what skills are required for each type of treasure map?

LP/Cart/... for a level 1, 2?

If this has already been posted point me in the right direction please!

Thanks!

Edit: Spelling....

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Treasure hunter question

Post by Mikel123 »

Detect Hidden supplements your Lockpicking skill. But, once you reach GM lockpicking, you don't need Detect Hidden.

Mining, too, is kind of superfluous. There are rune libraries which allow you to recall right next to treasure chests, so with a mining skill of zero, your 1-radius dig is enough.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

i love this template http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/91213 once you gm lock picking you drop the 60 detect
then you can use a mage bard or mage tamer to solo the map or bring a friend 1 tamer 1 bard
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

TheMessy

Post by TheMessy »

iamreallysquall wrote:i love this template http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/91213 once you gm lock picking you drop the 60 detect
then you can use a mage bard or mage tamer to solo the map or bring a friend 1 tamer 1 bard
I probably wont have anyone to help me, so I am in the process of making a bard atm.

Thanks for the info both of you!

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

make a alt on a separate account that's either mage, med, eval ,resist, wrestle, music, provo
or a longer term goal mage, med, resist, wrestle ,tame , lore 7th being vet for pvm or eval for pvp
dig chest - pick lock stealth away then just telekinesis the box and do the map on the other client
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Tamers are great for lvl 1- 4 chests, bring in a couple of dragons and they will plow through the spawn. Foor lvl 5 chests, however, I would not recomend a tamer simply because of Poison Elementals. A couple of night ago I got 4 PE's in rapid succession, and the deadly poison on those + if you have a balron or 2 up, will eat up your pets like nobody's business.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

TheMessy

Post by TheMessy »

iamreallysquall wrote:make a alt on a separate account that's either mage, med, eval ,resist, wrestle, music, provo
or a longer term goal mage, med, resist, wrestle ,tame , lore 7th being vet for pvm or eval for pvp
dig chest - pick lock stealth away then just telekinesis the box and do the map on the other client
That sounds like a pretty good idea actually as I already have a miner character with 100 hiding and stealth with a bit of lock picking started already.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Also, check the wiki for cartography skill, everything you need to know about t-mapping is there.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Return to “New Player Help”