"new" player guide for money making

Moderator: Support Moderators

Mardas

"new" player guide for money making

Post by Mardas »

Not sure if this already exists.

Someone asked for a guide on making money. Most veteran players know they can just increase there stats quickly and go kill low level monsters. Or they know how to macro up a bard and make some cash fast. But what about everyone else? What about the new player that doesn't even know how to make a few hundred gold?

Here is your guide.

First: Start a new character (you can have five per account and three accounts total, so a total of 15 characters).
So start the new guy in YEW, give him 50 bowcraft/fletching, 49 lumberjacking and 1 in something else you want.

Immediately start chopping wood- do this by double clicking your ax (while equipped) and targeting a tree. Once you have plenty of wood start making bows. Do this by double clicking your dagger and targeting the logs. A menu will appear, clock on the bow, and then another bow will pop up and click that. After a few moments you should create a bow.

Rinse, lather, repeat. After you have plenty of bows (20 or so) go to the nearest Bowyer (there are two in Yew). You have find these really easily if you're using UO Automap (or look them up on the internet by typing UO YEW MAP or something like that, although you really ought to use UOAM).

Exceptional bows can be sold to a bowyer for 34gold and 31gold for regular quality. If they ofer you below 25 gold I would sell to the second bowyer. Just keep doing this- you should make gold rather quickly.

I actually tried this out today and made 675 gold in 15 minutes. I was trying to see how much money I could make in 20 minutes, but I think that I proved my point.

Any questions let me know.

Good luck!
Last edited by Mardas on Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Atraxi

Re: "new" player guide for money making

Post by Atraxi »

Mardas wrote:(you can have three per account and three accounts total, so a total of 9 characters)
You mean 5 characters per account making 15 total.
|| Atx Mini Mall | Atraxi's Great Real Estate ||

IRC: Atraxi on @#bpd +#NEW #SecondAge #C^V

<GreenPlastic> I want Five Guys inside me right now
Millerisfuntoplay wrote:Atraxi pwned me =(

Mardas

Post by Mardas »

Thanks for catching that Atraxi

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

i have mentioned this method so many times >_< especially for the people who go out and get pked 10 times with 50 str
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Mardas

Post by Mardas »

hopefully this little guide will grab their attention :)

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Mardas wrote:hopefully this little guide will grab their attention :)
true i know someone who earned a small house deed in a day of doing this.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Mardas

Post by Mardas »

Like I said, I was really surprised. I had initially set 20 minutes aside at lunch to test out the bow crafting money making scheme that I've always heard so much about. When I got on this shard I immediately started a bard, so I never needed to try crafting for money.

So long story short, It went way better than expected. I'm sure the profits will only increase as skill in lumberjacking and bowcrafting increase.

I wish I would have known about this playing 11 years ago, remember never having any money to my name.

Stilgar

Post by Stilgar »

Thanks Mardas,

I just recently joined the shard and was trying to figure out a good start for building up some initial gold. I tried this method last night and it worked very well. In a few hours time I got about 10k. Here's a few things I found that might help someone new (might be obvious for some) :

- Don't worry about becoming overburdened with weight from the logs. Just chop all around you until you can't move and there's no trees in range. By the time you craft it all into bows you won't be overweight.
- Record a macro of one bow craft, bind it to a hotkey, and now you just have to press a button for each craft.
- After both bowyers sell price in Yew dropped to 25 gold for regular bows, I hopped through the moongate and went to Skara Brae. This town turns out to be great for this method also. Quite a few trees right by the town and two bowyers (one is in the Archer's Guild).

I'm not sure exactly how long the timer is for these NPCs to reset and buy bows for 31 and 34 again. It seems to be at least a few hours. I think adding a 3rd town to cycle between would be ideal as well.

Renlaan

Post by Renlaan »

Great info, thanks!
Whats the whole rolling a bard and making money?
Also, how do you record a macro of one bowcraft?
Thanks!
Ren

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Rolling a bard, means making a functioning bard character with provocation. That is, just behind tamers, the best build to "farm" monsters for money.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Return to “New Player Help”