Rares that should not be spawning

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
GleepGlop

Rares that should not be spawning

Post by GleepGlop »

I have looked high and low for information about both the stacks of colored ingots and of the pot of wax, and I have yet to find anyone claiming these items were anything but server births, and only about 2 or 3 types of ingot stacks seem to actually be in existence (5 & 3 stacks of iron ingots and the 5 stack of gold ingots). I have looked at pictures of dozens of rare museums, and every rare festival/large auctions that encompass rares/server births across all shards (since OSI added the ability to move characters/items across servers). Even for server births they still appear in a much lower proportion compared to many others, especially with the ingot stacks spawning ~2 times a week on this server. It doesn't make any sense that I can find people on OSI with multiple 2-story statues and 3+ sets of marble & sandstone tables on OSI, and every other spawning rare from T2A, but these two items seem conspicuously absent.

Also I have found a site that actually discusses rare hunting, and has pictures of museums from what I'm guessing is various periods between release-May 2001 (the 'photo album' section starts off with two pics of the author from what I'm guessing is pre-T2A), has a lot of good info. If only their forums were archived....

http://web.archive.org/web/200106020822 ... re.com/uo/
Last edited by GleepGlop on Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Rares that should not be spawning

Post by BlackFoot »

i will add closed lid barrels should be spawning instead of open lidded ones!
but this is on the list already i think
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

caveman

Post by caveman »

This was the part of the list that applies to t2a. The ones listed after rolling pin on her site were uor:

Rocks
A Rock
Fruit Basket
Empty Basket
Full Jars
Blacksmith Rares
Whip
Tall Candle
Bone Container
Closed Barrel
Open Barrel/Water Barrel
Tub
Food
Paints and Brush
Sandals
Wheat Sheaf
Non-magical Masks
Dried Herbs/Flowers/Onions
Toolkit/Shafts
Chisels
Rolling Pin

The rock, rocks, full jars, fruitbasket, basket, tall candles and closed barrel were once/day(plus every time the server crashed). The others were "hourly" or more common. There were other spawns that were very early in t2a(e.g. open books, bloody bandages, furs, no draw tiles) but for the larger part of t2a, this list is pretty accurate. Anything else that spawned was usually a bounce-back server birth.

Water buckets also became a daily rare very late in t2a. 3 of them in the hedge maze pen.

Brules

Post by Brules »

There was no real hard or soft rule to rare spawns, it was a per server basis a lot of times depending and what was or not tagged correctly by staff:

http://www.raphkoster.com/2010/11/24/ho ... were-born/

Great Designer Dragon read!

dren
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by dren »

Wheat Sheaf << not rare
you mean Sheaf of Hay?
Fit: Alderman, Merchants of Britannia: Proudly serving UOSA for more than 160 Sosarian years.

Endecent

Post by Endecent »

7 month old thread..
Did you even check to see if these spawns were fixed before bumping it?
Or did you just feel the need to bump an old post for a spelling mistake?

GleepGlop

Post by GleepGlop »

Welp since someone resurrected this thread I guess I'll post something I haven't seen before that goes into some detail about how things spawned back in the day, and would explain why a lot are missing.

http://www.kenmass.com/rgad1spawninfo.html
This is by no means the end of the road on that item. For example there are about 100 sets of Tarot Cards on each shard, when people that own Tarot cards quit UO (or are banned) a new set of Tarot cards will generally spawn after a while. That is why its not that uncommon for people to find Tarot cards at a known spawn point. Their are less than 20 large vases in circulation, they only spawn once or twice a year because usually only 1 or 2 existing ones get deleted/destroyed, that is why Large Vases sell for soo much more than Tarot Cards.
Technically with how this works some shards could theoretically have 0 of certain rares if a person had them all and destroyed them/quit after they were turned off, or had lost multiples of a rare and only a single new one spawned. The guy who owns this site used to sell a guide to all the rare spawns and it could be possible he still has a copy

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

This is by no means the end of the road on that item. For example there are about 100 sets of Tarot Cards on each shard, when people that own Tarot cards quit UO (or are banned) a new set of Tarot cards will generally spawn after a while. That is why its not that uncommon for people to find Tarot cards at a known spawn point. Their are less than 20 large vases in circulation, they only spawn once or twice a year because usually only 1 or 2 existing ones get deleted/destroyed, that is why Large Vases sell for soo much more than Tarot Cards.
I believe what this guy thought was a "set" number of rares on a server was in fact the old sub-server respawn issue. If you took the rare off the subserver, it was possible for it to respawn. Just like you had to take Blood Tiles to another sub-server and log off and not log back on until the server had restarted or it would go "poof".

As far as Tarot Cards are concerned, you had to empty the Book Case of all the books just prior to Server Restart to force them to spawn. There was no set amount of them on the server. This guy may have had a lot of information regarding spawn locations and 'supposed' timers, but I do not think he understood the mechanics of them...at all.

-L/S

P.S. I'll trust Raph Koster over the guy that was SELLING Rares info on eBay back when eBay's own policies allowed you to sell video game pixels and then not deliver on the goods.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro