Clone shard with Siege Perilous restrictions

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
spghat

Clone shard with Siege Perilous restrictions

Post by spghat »

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Clone shard with Siege Perilous restrictions

Post by Kaivan »

As interesting as the concept is, we just don't have the ability to host and maintain two simultaneous servers.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

down with test? <3's
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Test has been down quite a bit. I'd still be curious as to whether we can just convert this existing shard to a siege (minus the player/account limit, of course :-/ )
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Test is run on Derrick's home PC afaik... it's not suitable for a full server, it can barely handle the small load of players it gets already.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Test center hardware has been upgraded quite a bit, but it is currently offline. We had some player issues with test center last month and have decided to keep it offline unless we're actually testing something. It does run from my house though, so the connection isn't quite as reliable. I had three 3hr outages at home in the month of August; which while very uncommon overall is certainly not up to our hosting standards.

We do run the Tutorial server on another hosted server, but it of course requires very little maintenance and requires only about 5% or the resources that UOSA does.

I have commented in the past that it'd be nice to have an era siege server. We could honestly probably put something like that up with virtually no staff support. UOSA could be the base of such a server, however at this time I can't envision having time to work on it, UOSA still needs a lot of attention. So i do agree with Kaivan at this time; but I don't want to rule out the potential for doing this in the future.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Derrick wrote:Test center hardware has been upgraded quite a bit, but it is currently offline. We had some player issues with test center last month and have decided to keep it offline unless we're actually testing something.
Bah, no wonder!
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

I have commented in the past that it'd be nice to have an era siege server. We could honestly probably put something like that up with virtually no staff support. UOSA could be the base of such a server, however at this time I can't envision having time to work on it, UOSA still needs a lot of attention. So i do agree with Kaivan at this time; but I don't want to rule out the potential for doing this in the future.
Interesting!

kill drizitz
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by kill drizitz »

SP ruleset during with uo:r accuracy would be amazing. just saying :P