Losing all my mats when failing an item

Moderator: Support Moderators

mr mahony

Losing all my mats when failing an item

Post by mr mahony »

I have currently been leveling up tailoring and when crafting studded leather gorgets I will get the message, you fail to create the items and lose some of the materials. Will I dont lose some like you do in smithing. I lose all the mats required to make this object. I also lose all the mats when i fail to create a house addon. Why are some skills having me lose partial as the message states while these skills lose all the mats?

Pirul

Re: Losing all my mats when failing an item

Post by Pirul »

I always thought material loss was tied to skill (the higher the skill, the less materials you would loose per failed attempt), but I had never heard anyone loosing ALL the materials required.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

Pirul wrote:....but I had never heard anyone loosing ALL the materials required.
It's been like that (for at least some trade skills) for as long as I've been here. Having never played real T2A Era I just assumed it was accurate.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Wow, guess I never payed that much attention on my crafter.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

mr mahony

Post by mr mahony »

Jill Stihl wrote:
Pirul wrote:....but I had never heard anyone loosing ALL the materials required.
It's been like that (for at least some trade skills) for as long as I've been here. Having never played real T2A Era I just assumed it was accurate.

I don't get how "it's been like this forever" when alchemy and smithing didn't take all my mats when I failed. But when I fail to make a house add on or studded leather gorget, I lose all of the mats. Seems inconsistent to me

Jill Stihl
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Jill Stihl »

I did say 'for at least some trade skills' - Carpentry and Tailoring were the ones that came to mind, and seem to be the ones you have also observed using up all the materials required to make the item. I made my crafter over a year ago and that was how it worked back then too.

As I said, I don't know if it's accurate or not for some crafting to lose more % of materials than others on failure. If it's not it'd be nice to see it change :)

mr mahony

Post by mr mahony »

Jill Stihl wrote:I did say 'for at least some trade skills' - Carpentry and Tailoring were the ones that came to mind, and seem to be the ones you have also observed using up all the materials required to make the item. I made my crafter over a year ago and that was how it worked back then too.

As I said, I don't know if it's accurate or not for some crafting to lose more % of materials than others on failure. If it's not it'd be nice to see it change :)

definitely agree

Return to “New Player Help”