Event related era inacuracies?(events disabled)

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Telamon

Post by Telamon »

Last edited by Telamon on Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

chainsoar

Re: Event related era inacuracies?

Post by chainsoar »

Telamon wrote:
Derrick wrote:Thanks for all the posts.

Due to a couple of the issues raised above and one that does rise to the level of a pretty severe exploits, I've discontiued the automated events until the problems can be addressed.
Sad to see 1 players campaign to get the automated events system be removed be successful. I hope we see these issues addressed and the system turned back on.

I've been using 2 of my accounts to stand in the event gates spots for tournaments for the last week and will continue to do so until lelouches (iamreallysquall) event "exploit" is fixed.

Using the logic of a suicide bomber to get your agenda accomplished is not acceptable in my book.
I'd say given that several blatant abuses of inaccurate mechanics have been brought to light in this thread ie; dying in stat and ressing without penalty because you're signed up for an event, it's clear that Lelouche's mechanically accurate and legal casting of gates is not why the events have been removed.

Do us all a favour and don't let a personal grudge get this important and completely valid thread dumped in trash talk.
Braden wrote:I was getting ready to type a serious reply to this post until I saw who posted it.
[Uhh] Eo wrote:If there is one thing I am a fan of, it is exploring foreign holes.

Populus

Post by Populus »

Telamon wrote: Sad to see 1 players campaign to get the automated events system be removed be successful. I hope we see these issues addressed and the system turned back on.
Let's get 20 people to pm Derrick about it instead?
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Wait...did the price of silver just skyrocket? :-p

Selling silver! 50k per!
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

ehafh

Post by ehafh »

seems like a good idea to cease events if someone can exploit them.
yes only one person now, but if they decided to tell others?

just duel in the actual world, where you know, you can die.
this is ultima online after all.

who cares if you lose a little bit of GLD
“Everything is changing. People are taking their comedians seriously and the politicians as a joke.”
- Will Rogers

iamreallysquall

Re: Event related era inacuracies?(events disabled)

Post by iamreallysquall »

bump for awareness
ps nice assumption telamon i haven't exploited anything , and what you are assuming about the reason they are disabled is total false.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Vilenarios
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Vilenarios »

Era accurate or not...

The shard pvp seems to have died down since these have been disabled... only seems like TG fields now a days, with the occasional BYI dude runnin around here and there. Alot of faces that would log on for the tournies just dont log on anymore. The notion of "bring the players out of Trammel" unfortunately, doesnt work. Good riddance? I dont think so - as even if they only log in for tournies, it still made the community a bit more active. It gave something for people to do, communicate about, and look forward to. Maybe I am just being negative, but the shard has been the slowest (especially from the pvp perspective) ive seen in the year and a half ive been playing here.

I hope the issues with the automated events are fixed, and things return to normal.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Vilenarios wrote:Era accurate or not...

The shard pvp seems to have died down since these have been disabled... only seems like TG fields now a days, with the occasional BYI dude runnin around here and there. Alot of faces that would log on for the tournies just dont log on anymore. The notion of "bring the players out of Trammel" unfortunately, doesnt work. Good riddance? I dont think so - as even if they only log in for tournies, it still made the community a bit more active. It gave something for people to do, communicate about, and look forward to. Maybe I am just being negative, but the shard has been the slowest (especially from the pvp perspective) ive seen in the year and a half ive been playing here.

I hope the issues with the automated events are fixed, and things return to normal.
That is a bid of a leap to draw that conclusion.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Vilenarios
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Vilenarios »

"That is a bid of a leap to draw that conclusion."

Maybe so - but it just seems that way to me. It's pretty boring wasting nights running around empty graveyards and dungeons hoping to run into an orange or a red, when its just the same ol TG every time. The trammel was finally removed from the shard, and unfortunately, it appears like many on here were trammelites at heart.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Vilenarios wrote:"That is a bid of a leap to draw that conclusion."

Maybe so - but it just seems that way to me. It's pretty boring wasting nights running around empty graveyards and dungeons hoping to run into an orange or a red, when its just the same ol TG every time. The trammel was finally removed from the shard, and unfortunately, it appears like many on here were trammelites at heart.
Well, what you see/assume is opposite of what I saw. Usually there'll be good fights goin on and then a tourney will stop and everyone recalls out and leaves. Then I just log off cause the worlds empty and everyones in trammel.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Everyone always complains about field pvp whether or not tourns exist. I do a fair amount of PKing and as of late there is around the same, or possibly more people farming. I can't comment on going out looking for fights for the sake of fights in the field because it's never been something I've been interested in.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

There's plenty of pvp, the problem is everyone got conditioned by Trammel and now have no patience to apparently play the game it was meant to be played?

This is a sandbox MMORPG, go play WOW if you want a game that gives you risk-free instance pvp on a silver platter.

For those that say there is no field pvp, look at my new screenshots thread please:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=32309

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I agree with Halbu.

I (or we at C^V) have not had any problems running into reds and griefers since the events were dissabled. All you need to do is hang around destard long enough, and surely a fight will break out.

...oh, and we're not big fans of the GY, we rather do it in dungeons! :wink:
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

The solution doesn't need to be getting rid of events, just event rewards. Those join events should do so for fun, not as a farming/money making technique. The event rewards should be some sort of webpage recognition.

Alternatively, there needs to be an entrance fee to pay for the rewards.
------------------
Historic Bloodrock

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

Just make rewards purchasable by gold and put a vendor in a few cities who sells all the prizes. Then staff don't have to worry about it, no trammel and everyone is happy.

If someone wants a bless deed or neon hair they have to craft, sell or hunt in dungeons to make money.