Capture the Capital (CTC)

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Capture the Capital (CTC)

Post by Ronk »

Rose, I think there is def some interest from the orcs. However, given the event sunday I think it is bad timing. Many of us have scheduled our weekends to leave sunday open.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Capture the Capital (CTC) Saturday Sept 16/11 Game #10

Post by Roser »

Today is CTC day!

Keep an eye out for announcements. I will be looking to run this around 9pm server time.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Diplomacy point values have been altered.

Please join the #CTC channel in IRC to discuss the game and get an early bird spot.

I will announce when it it time to meet up at the Chaos shrine. Also, if there will be tamers, please let me know ahead of time.

Game on at 9 pm server time. To find out what the server time is, say "!time" in any IRC chat room that "secondage" is in.

This post was made at 2 pm Server Time. Game commences in 7 hours.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Game is on in approximately one hour!

Be at the Chaos Shrine naked and on foot for 9pm Server time!

time2a

Post by time2a »

had fun, thanks.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

You are not welcome in the slightest Yomega. In fact, the fun you had here tonight will probably not happen again thanks to you and your mates actions.

In the past, we have had a small amounts of grief with this event, something to the effect of TG running in and killing everyone as they gather at the Chaos Shrine. This is ok, because TG always leaves before the game starts and has no interference with the actual game. Dare I say TG actually has some class...

Yomega, you and your friends on the other hand....

* Placed a small safe house nearby
* Joined one of the teams on an alt, and dry looted them right away
* Stacked up a group of 5 or 6 in front of one of the towers and did not let anyone out
* Cast constant wall of stones and synch dropped on the participants
* Endless res killing
* Yelling things like "Go back to trammel" "f*ggots" and "f*ck you"

All this while you guys were actually invited to the event. You had a chance to support the player base, win awesome prizes, and compete for supremacy. I have even offered to enter your entire guild as one team and make the best of things.... But instead you choose to grief and seriously piss off all those who waited an hour to play.

So... Even if I hosted another one of these events, people probably wont want to waste their time if the reprobates of UOSA are just going to show up again....

The way I see things is like this: The more people who play on UOSA, directly equates to the amount of fun it is to play here, in other words, if there is nobody to play with then there is no point in playing Ultima Online.
If you are someone who enjoys playing here but at the same you create misery for other players, then what are you really doing? Is it fair to say that you are essentially shi*ting where you eat?

What is the end goal of the griefer? Is it to make UO a single player game? I assume it is nothing more then simply creating self-joy at the expense of others, hence the word "Reprobate" mentioned earlier.

I try my best to give back to the community that has given me so much over the years. I do this by way of advice, donations, accuracy searching, and hosting events like CTC. I want to see UOSA grow and thrive, not diminish and fade away.

Anyway.... I want to thank everyone (who came to play) for coming out, and I am sorry that the game did not work out as planned. and no prizes were awarded.

Sandro

Post by Sandro »

This is why events take place in an area where this cannot happen, automated events that is.

Reasons like this is most likely why the staff don't waste their time running Seer events & the like. It could take them upwards of hours to get everything in place and ready to run, just to have an outcome like this.

All aside, this is why I do not even bother attending the CTC & most if not all player-run events. It only takes a small minority, if not one single player to ruin it for everyone, and all you leave with is a handful of wasted time.
[14:17] <UOSAPlayer4056> cr3w guild is a joke. Ran by staff members, multi client pking, this shards a joke and a half.
Blaise wrote:Man, you guys are really stepping up your game now that you're not living in the shadow of cr3w

time2a

Post by time2a »

ROSE PLease dont make up lies of myself and my guildmates. I dont see what the problem is nor why u took the time to think and type such a long rage log at me which im not even going to read. We are playing the game and having fun on how we know. Now the name calling really lol? im pretty sure it was mana and blood slurring on us much more than anything as it was 15-20 of u vs 5. thanks for taking the time, showing howmuch u take this serious.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

Sandro you are right.

But at the same time... If one has enough patience and can push though the BS, then one can have success.

8/10 CTC's have worked out very well.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by BlackFoot »

You cant stop trying because of people like that.

I have had many similar situations with events. Ultimately, the griefers get bored in the long run much faster than the players.

Dungeon crawls got griefed for the first 2-3 then never got griefed again etc
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Sandro wrote:This is why events take place in an area that i love called trammel where this cannot happen, automated events that is.

Reasons like this is most likely why i think that the staff don't waste their time running Seer events & the like. It could take them upwards of hours to get everything in place and ready to run, just to have an outcome like this.

All aside, this is why I do not even bother attending the CTC & most if not all player-run events. It only takes a small minority, if not one single player to ruin it for everyone, and all you leave with is a handful of wasted time.
pretty sure this could of been taken care of by the players of the event or a security force which should exist to protect the event.
ps rose don't let yomega make you mad lol
sandro please name a Seer type event that was ruined please .............
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by malice-tg »

we thought fede was with you guys or else we would have stayed and fought them instead of on foot dudes with no loot lol :)

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Rose, no one likes them and they have small ---is's, that is why they will continue. In addition, they are still raging over the community rejecting their player town.

You could get people to help defend the event, of course, that many extra people is liable to cause lag. URK has a stealth archer division we could potentially bring to support you. Many other guilds, im sure, would be willing to help. Though even with help, you'd have to deal with griefers.

I think the solution is to just not announce the specific time, except to those who are participating. Alternatively, get derrick or yoda to sit around the event and insta-kill anyone who griefs. Theres no reason you can't give your event a seer like twist of an uber powerful being who watches it. Lol. I guarantee you, they'd be on the forums crying.

Back on great lakes, when I hosted tourneys, the location would always be a secret until the event occurred. Of course...in your case, its a little more difficult to have random locations.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock

speckle

Post by speckle »

..... no prizes just before i left after the game ended i beleive mana team had more capitol in thier team chest than blood. and u also said evyone would get a prize.

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Roser »

I declare no contest, on a count of the blood capital being looted by a rouge teammate.

However if you want a consolation prize, drop by my tower. From Chaos Shrine, run North along the mountain and follow it West then South into the valley... cant miss it.