Guide : Stratics Magery and Weapon Combat Damage and calcs

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Derrick

Guide : Stratics Magery and Weapon Combat Damage and calcs

Post by Derrick »

Last edited by Boomland Jenkins on Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Added clothing link

Ambidextrious

Re: Combat Damage

Post by Ambidextrious »

Thanks for the information. This is very helpful.

I was wondering however, could you, or someone for that matter, make a chart representing Magic? That is to say, the damage inflicted, cast time, as well as Spell Vs. Resistance etc...

Mephistopheles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Mephistopheles »

Basing this on what I read from Stratics, Magic Resistance doesn't actually lower the amount of damage absorbed from harmful spells like Flame Arrow, Harm, Fireball, Lightning, E-Bolt, Explosion, Flamestrike or Earthquake...It basically lowers the time you're paralyzed and lowers the amount of mana and stat-drain that occurs from Mana Vampire, etc...

Seems most useful for PvM oriented situations.

If you're paralyzed just use an exploding pouch; Cast it w/ 20 Magery for a 60% success rate and I can't see how a spell like "Curse" would significantly weaken a Dexxer in a fight either. I don't really see Mana Vampire being cast too often as well.

Here's the links for the Resist info I found:
http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/resisting.shtml

If I'm completely wrong and T2A rules are "different" (and it's actually scripted that way in-game as well), then sorry for wasting all your time =]

Cheers,
Vin

At least change the angle so people can't see where my characters are. Fire/IPBan anyone who plays my characters too plz. KThxBai.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Aye, magic refection, reactive armor and protection (others?) were changed after this era and had other weird and complicated effects. They also no longer stacked. The effect of magic reflection in the T2A era is to reflect any one harmful spell back at the caster, it would then have to be recast to be useful again but it's duration is infinite until you die or are magically attacked. Protection increases your AR for a short amount of time and Reactive armor reflects physical blows back to you opponent.

I'm planning on cutting the binding on my T2A playguide, scanning and posting it as soon as I can get to it.

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

Damn. Katanas are faster than krysses? I always thought Kryss was the fastest hitting weapon. So much for my fencer :(
Disco Damnation: "Why is my mouth so dry? I think I need something to eat."
Large Piece: "Damn, fencing is useless..."

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

yea, I always had thought krysses were faster too. The damage difference is funny as well Kat uses 3d so there's more consistent damage but kryss uses 1d28 so the damage is all over the place, although a little bit higher on the max

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

Yeah, it's worth looking at the damage dice to figure that one out. I quite like the inconsistent weapons for Pvp. You can surprise your opponent with a good hit occasionally in between the frustration of a line of unlucky damage rolls. :)

In retrospect maybe my fencer on the EA shards back in the day had fencing after they brought in that slightly fancy combat code. Like maces destroyed armour and I think that fencing weapons took away stamina? I can't remember what swords did. Is that in effect on T2a?

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Maces do extra damage to armor, but the effect is lesser for PvP, and maces also do hit stamina. I don't know what advantages fencing really has, but there sure were a lot of fencers it seems back in the day. I had a fencer myself on my first char but that was only because I had no idea what I was doing when I started and started training with my newbie dagger.

Alec Empire

Post by Alec Empire »

Go Mace! Byebye stam! Byebye AR! WooT!! hehehe. But Swords and fencing could use poison and were faster.

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

Ah yes, good old poisoning... I'd forgotten that. :)

Coffee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Coffee »

http://web.archive.org/web/199905022020 ... m/arms.htm

There's a table from May '99. Kryss is faster according to that, but the damage seems to be drastically lower on everything. Both tables were recorded during T2A. Wild.

Katana 10 1d16 (1-16) 58 31-90 Swords
Kryss 10 2d4+3 (5-11) 65 31-90 Fencing

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Coffee wrote:http://web.archive.org/web/199905022020 ... m/arms.htm

There's a table from May '99. Kryss is faster according to that, but the damage seems to be drastically lower on everything. Both tables were recorded during T2A. Wild.

Katana 10 1d16 (1-16) 58 31-90 Swords
Kryss 10 2d4+3 (5-11) 65 31-90 Fencing
That is surprising. I hadn't seen that table, but used the latest one I could find as I assumed it'd be more accurate. The one we based everything on is Oct'99

I don't understand where the May damage numbers are coming from, but they can't possibly be correct. The Oct #'s are base weapon damage of course, before and combat mods are applied. Maybe that's not the case for the May.

Coffee
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Coffee »

Yeah, those damage numbers are totally whack-o. I'm glad you're not going by those :)

I can't recall the katana ever being faster than the kryss, but it seems that way according to every archived page I checked. That really throws me off for some reason. I was thinking that the case had always been katana = slightly more damage, slightly less speed; kryss = slightly less damage, slightly more speed.

I guess I just don't recall things as accurately as I thought I did.

LargePiece
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by LargePiece »

I might just try and do a timing test in-game and see how it goes.

Shivers

Post by Shivers »

Coffee wrote:Yeah, those damage numbers are totally whack-o. I'm glad you're not going by those :)

I can't recall the katana ever being faster than the kryss, but it seems that way according to every archived page I checked. That really throws me off for some reason. I was thinking that the case had always been katana = slightly more damage, slightly less speed; kryss = slightly less damage, slightly more speed.

I guess I just don't recall things as accurately as I thought I did.
Honestly , i think we all thought the Kryss Was quicker. Why ? this is the real question ... o.o