Do Dragons auto dispel

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
randale

Do Dragons auto dispel

Post by randale »

Didn't they in T2A, and was that just UNTAMED dragons, not ones tamed by Player Characters. On another shard I had a hard time Pvping with my tamed dragons due to blade spirits and EV's, but if they auto dispelled it would fix this, but I don't currently have a GM tamer.

iamreallysquall

Re: Do Dragons auto dispel

Post by iamreallysquall »

not sure about dispel in particular but i know if you tame a dragon and use it a lot to train it. Then it will learn to cast different spells. At least so i been told i heard they can learn to cast flamestrike not sure if this is accurate but i vaguely remember this as well at some point.
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

No, they don't auto-dispel. Some dragons can dispel via the spell, but it's rare that they have magery this high upon spawning. Training the dragon can get it to the point where it can dispel, and even flamestrike, but it's difficult and not really worth it for everyday use. If you're training a pet for a pet competition though, perhaps...

randale

Post by randale »

About PvPing with a dragon, I got killed real easy doing it. But, can't a fully healed dragon do 100 damage with a breath. Of course, I can't tell them to breathe just fight.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Fully healed dragon does 40ish damage with a firebreath
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Mazuhito

Post by Mazuhito »

randale wrote:About PvPing with a dragon, I got killed real easy doing it. But, can't a fully healed dragon do 100 damage with a breath. Of course, I can't tell them to breathe just fight.

The wiki suggests dragons have between 900 and 1100 maxhp on spawn,and a firebreath will do 5% of remaining hp's. Using some simple math we can say a fully healed dragon with a maxhp of 900 will do roughly 45 points of damage,and a maxhp of 1100 will do roughly 55 points of damage.However, I believe armor plays a role in the damage calculation as well, and in the past I've heard about how leather armor may be more effective than metal for firebreath damage absorption. (i have no proof of this being true, however it makes sense.)
まずひと

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Mazuhito wrote:
randale wrote:About PvPing with a dragon, I got killed real easy doing it. But, can't a fully healed dragon do 100 damage with a breath. Of course, I can't tell them to breathe just fight.

The wiki suggests dragons have between 900 and 1100 maxhp on spawn,and a firebreath will do 5% of remaining hp's. Using some simple math we can say a fully healed dragon with a maxhp of 900 will do roughly 45 points of damage,and a maxhp of 1100 will do roughly 55 points of damage.However, I believe armor plays a role in the damage calculation as well, and in the past I've heard about how leather armor may be more effective than metal for firebreath damage absorption. (i have no proof of this being true, however it makes sense.)
The range of HP is much more stable than that, and firebreath seems to be right around 40-41 pretty consistently.

As for armor, it has no impact, nor does magic resist.