Multiple Guards showing up to kill you

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
JohnnyCash

Multiple Guards showing up to kill you

Post by JohnnyCash »

I seem to remember that when you committed crimes in town, multiple guards would show up to kill you. For example, if you managed to cast EQ in town, you would get 1 guard per person you simultaneously attacked.

This doesn't seem to work now.

Any ideas/thoughts on fixing this?

Here is a screenshot:
Attachments
multiple_guards.jpg
multiple_guards.jpg (36.3 KiB) Viewed 1066 times

Derrick

Re: Multiple Guards showing up to kill you

Post by Derrick »

Indeed this did occur on OSI, and I believe it was responsible for bringing some sub-servers to their knees at that time due to the exploitability of this.

I think this was rectified by OSI in or before era, but in any case we hold server and client stability above accuracy, and would be extremely nervous about spawning guards in this manner :P
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

JohnnyCash

Post by JohnnyCash »

Ah, thanks for the explanation Derrick. So I take it that's a "NO" then. :)

It's not a huge deal, just I remember it being quite funny.

But yeah now that you mention it -- consider the exploit where you have like 1000 tamed blue rats standing on 1 tile and you EQ or throw a purple pot and insta-attack them and then 1000 guards show up. I guess that could get ridiculous.

Would have been funny to see a subserver die due to that back in OSI now that I thought of the exploit..

Nergnog

Post by Nergnog »

Server got guard whacked?

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

That actually happened multiple times on GL...