Event related era inacuracies?(events disabled)

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Vilenarios
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Event related era inacuracies?(events disabled)

Post by Vilenarios »

So you are saying I need to either become a murderer or hang out at dungeons and hope a red runs by and actually fights me. Most if not all of the pics you have posted are from when tournies were active. It really just seems like those with the biggest gripes with tournies were folks who didn't participate or performed poorly in them. Sure - change the logistics of the tourny area, rewards, entrance fee or whatever. I don't care about silver or having a protected fighting area. I'm just bummed that really one of the only "end game" Pvp action of dueling others for bragging rights was removed and thus alot of players who are at the "end game" state apparently don't feel much of a need to login anymore.

A sandbox is pretty shitty to play in when the only people around are a retarded kid, a bully and a kid who continually complains about my tonka truck being cooler than his until an adult takes it away. There were thousands of more players around in the days of T2A and there was no need for automated events like there was here.

Looks like I will just have to keep runnin around Britannia looking for action and putting up with the death gates, bots, dungeon ghosting, gank squads and other enjoyable era accuracies.

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

I'm just bummed that really one of the only "end game" Pvp action of dueling others for bragging rights was removed and thus alot of players who are at the "end game" state apparently don't feel much of a need to login anymore.
This isn't World of Warcraft or Diablo II, there is no "end game".
Looks like I will just have to keep runnin around Britannia looking for action and putting up with the death gates, bots, dungeon ghosting, gank squads and other enjoyable era accuracies.
I agree, all of those tactics are lame but with practice and knowledge you can avoid them all.

The best way to find pvp is hang in dungeons, if you are afraid of getting ganked then make a guild or find a pvp partner for protection.

Are you really suggesting that tournaments are the only good thing left in UO? lol

The majority of UOSA players don't play events nor post on the forums. We should be catering to the real UO players. 8)

Vilenarios
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Vilenarios »

"This isn't World of Warcraft or Diablo II, there is no "end game"."

No, it isnt (and im glad for that) - but the fact remains, after a year of playing on this server, you can easily get a 7x gm character for every kind of template. You can accumlate millions of gold, and if you are not a psychopathic douche, you can get in a good guild, and make a few friends. I think it takes a very dedicated (and borderline crazy) type of person to continue to play the same 12 year old game, and as the shard becomes more and more hardcore era accurate, will become more and more of a niche game for said people.

Of course I am one of these people, or else I would not be here.

What else is there left to do once you are really established here? Host events? Work on a guild town? Get to be the best pvper? Get all the leet pixels? The UOSA T2A era has gone on much longer than the actual T2A era has. The one thing that the production shards had, and all MMOs, are eventual change (which can be argued as good or bad, and is not the discussion here). There has never been an MMO that has just stayed the same, and kept the same player base. It gets boring!

The only point I am trying to make, is that in my opinion, having tournies is better for the shard overall than not having tournies. I hope the admins work out the issues. It is an easy "win" to keep players involved in the community, and active in a place that can sometimes seem stale.

Halbu

Post by Halbu »

this made me laugh.
Last edited by Halbu on Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

HI IM MIKE

Post by HI IM MIKE »

nightshark wrote: I can't comment on going out looking for fights for the sake of fights in the field because it's never been something I've been interested in.
this made me laugh.
nightshark wrote:I can't comment on going out looking for fights for the sake of fights in the field because it's never been something I've been interested in.

Guerrilla

Post by Guerrilla »

Sad part is, i lost a perfect hally due to one of the "exploits" that are now getting addressed.... Perhaps i can get some sort of compensation?
Halleluyah
<DemonArkanis> hopefully ill go to hell and not have to listen to your bullshit

Roser
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Event related era inacuracies?

Post by Roser »

Derrick wrote:Thanks for all the posts.

Due to a couple of the issues raised above and one that does rise to the level of a pretty severe exploits, I've discontiued the automated events until the problems can be addressed.

I dream of a day when we can have a good fellucian system implemented, myUOSA restored, and the exploits worked out.