Climbing

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
Wonko the Sane

Re: Climbing

Post by Wonko the Sane »

The answer is yes and no. I can't seem to place one in that exact tile as it is impossible to place a table under it. So, I'm gonna have to move that whole back walkway south one tile (I'm a slave to symmetry) and then everything will work fine. Thanks Hicha!

Fox
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Fox »

So i have 21 stairs so about 42 'steps' up or whatever... and its just not working - can anybody see what i am doing wrong?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Discord: Fox, Most of my toons http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Guild/1899

UOSA: Nov 2010 - Nov 2011 | Aug 2012 - Oct 2012 | Oct 2016 - Present.
OSI: Summer 1998 - Summer 2008, (off and on), played all over. Home was LS. Guilds: UOF, PVP, VIP

elhorno
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by elhorno »

I was under the impression stairs are now impossible on the north wall, only those who have it grandfathered in have them. I don't know what the problem is exactly, but everyone always calls it 'an los issue".

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

elhorno wrote:I was under the impression stairs are now impossible on the north wall, only those who have it grandfathered in have them. I don't know what the problem is exactly, but everyone always calls it 'an los issue".
i heard a few claim its still possible
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Wonko the Sane

Post by Wonko the Sane »

The very very back wall seems to be, because in order to place stools on the turret of your castle you need to put tables underneath, and there is no way to put a table inside the wall to do that. But the north side of your castle, one tile south of the north wall, can be done. Sorry if this makes no sense.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

Just posting this to give a quick illustration on building stairs since there is so much random and sometimes confusing information out there.

Each step is 2 Levels.

Foot Stools, Damaged Books, Horse Dung, snow piles, etc....once locked down can be walked on.

By using Raw Fish Steaks, you can cook the steaks out from underneath. Don't waste your time with cooked fish steaks and eating them as others have suggested. You'll just end up full and looking for alt characters.

In order to cook the fish steaks out from underneath, you need to release the Foot Stool AFTER you lock it down initially. You then just 2x click the Fish Steaks and target a Heating Stand. Once all the Fish Steaks are cooked, Lockdown the Foot Stool again. Then move on to the next Foot Stool.

Once you are past 5 Fish Steaks (or levels), you no longer need to release the Foot Stool to cook the Fish Steaks out from underneath. This should be your 4th Step.

When it comes to placing Foot Stools on the edges of houses for Bridging and climbing to the corners of Keeps/Castles, you need to be at the appropriate height to place the stool. Some spots are harder than others to place and some simply will not allow you to place a Foot Stool upon them. Sometimes it is easier to find a simple path to the corners, then once up there go and place the stool where you really want it. Just play with it some and you'll eventually get it.

A handy trick is using Razor's Where command. Simply type "-where" without the quotes in game and it will give you your players X,Y, & Z coordinates with "Z" being how high you are. This will help you check that you've got your steps right.

If anyone needs to be shown how to do this, just get ahold of me when i'm online and i'll be glad to show you how to do it.

Take Care,

-L/S

P.S. Small Square Tables are 6 levels high if you want to use those in place of 6 Fish Steaks. :D
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

Tables are five units of Z high, fairly certain.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Dragor
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Dragor »

first attempt at making some stairs, I thought the unfinished barrel hid the stools nicely

Dragor
Attachments
Dragor_9-22_22.55.jpg