Couple of NOOB questions please...

Moderator: Support Moderators

Renlaan

Couple of NOOB questions please...

Post by Renlaan »

Just a few noob questions...

#1 A player droped a bunch of magic gear outside the bank yesterday and I picked up a magic necklace. I put it on and stats went up alot! But, I noticed that it kinda fluxuated, like my HP would be full, then for no reason would drop to half. Same with my mana bar. I was just walking around. Whats up with that?

#2 Kinda from #1, but how do you "look" at an item? Like is there a way to see what the item is stat wise and what it does? (Other then just clicking on it and it saying "Magic Necklace")

#3 Is there a way to macro certain commonly used words and phrases? Instead of always typing "vendor buy/sell" and so forth. I got the other macros kinda thanks to some help but was just currious about this.

Thanks!
Ren

Malaikat

Re: Couple of NOOB questions please...

Post by Malaikat »

Renlaan wrote:Just a few noob questions...

#1 A player droped a bunch of magic gear outside the bank yesterday and I picked up a magic necklace. I put it on and stats went up alot! But, I noticed that it kinda fluxuated, like my HP would be full, then for no reason would drop to half. Same with my mana bar. I was just walking around. Whats up with that?
There aren't any permanent stat items in UO, they are all charged. What's happening is that the necklace is casting bless on you, then the duration of the spell expires, and the necklace recasts. Each cast/recast uses 1 charge until they are all gone.
#2 Kinda from #1, but how do you "look" at an item? Like is there a way to see what the item is stat wise and what it does? (Other then just clicking on it and it saying "Magic Necklace")
Magic items need to be identified, either using the item ID skill or a magic wand/staff of ID.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Renlaan

Post by Renlaan »

Ahh, thanks for the info, didn't know that!

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

You can also make a macro in either razor or set a hotkey in your client to say something like "vendor buy bank guards I ban thee".
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Koden

Post by Koden »

thinking you are a noob I thought I would add, to make that ingame hot key you need to:
clk Options on your paper doll, then clk on the bottem left tab (looks like a 1/2 moon with an arrow point on top), then use "next" slowly to see what keys are already used. you can add a new or deleat one that is already used then use it. After you pick the key (and it shows in the key box) clk on the window under action , clk on say, clk on the window to the right of say type in what you want to say, now at the bottem clk apply. I think thats everything , if not someone will add to it , Good luck
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish on UOSA and he will stay up until his wife yells at him to get to bed.

Return to “New Player Help”