Atlantic Shard 1998-2002

Topics related to Second Age
Archive

Re: Atlantic Shard 1998-2002

Post by Archive »

Thinking of making a come back and checking out the forum to see who is playing. Recognize alot of names and brings back fond memories.

Use to play TARD, RETARD, OreGasm and OutKast, I was young no idea why I picked these dumb names. Was in old school Moonglow Glow Gank Squad and SOU. Played with Galahad, Alkemist, Cashew Head, LeOoOOo, Marry Poppins, Johny McIntyre, Highmoon and others, been way tooo long.

deadwinter

Post by deadwinter »

Theoden - Fist of the Northstar aka deaDWinter here. Played from 98-2001. I was in BC with Jester and Hermo aka Guldan, then later on ran with SSJ (mainly with Azram, Barry Manilow, Jarl, Smolt, Grisham, Cecil and such) T-Mack and Gremlin of CC. Good times it was indeed. Never again will a game be like UO and actually have an impact on you even after all these years.

I still remember my first encounter after playing UO for 1 week with AoD in Rat Valley aka Pluggers Valeey :) Donalbain, Mastakilla, Korick and Destruct had me running all over that place. While my hands were shaking like crazy and i sweated like a pig i was so petrified of course :)

@Guldan: Wie geht es dir denn so? Hörst du noch ab und zu was von Jester? Liebe Grüsse

damytewok

Post by damytewok »

i played from 97-idrw(like 04 i think)
Guild was Brotherhood of Seekers(BOS)
chars(that i can remember)
Zorr
Zorelda
DamightyZorr
Jackmehoff

my mom and aunt played too.
mom-Boo, Tinaboo, BooBoo
aunt-Lena, Relena

Dirk Magirk

Post by Dirk Magirk »

I used to play Atlantic a wee bit back in the day as John (highly original name) based out of Trinsic for the most part, back in 99' - 02' or there abouts. Does anyone recall a three room house on the left of the path heading North out of Trinsic that was I believe owned by a chap linked to Trugagh who was the head Orc/Orc Guildmaster? Could've very likely been the same chap, anyway, I just recall hanging around that locale a fair amount - ah the days of a adventure and discovery, what has become of MMORPGs?

smolt

Post by smolt »

Anni, what is up man? Good to see you still function! Honestly lots of names that bring back awesome memories.

If anyone ever wants to catch up or just say hi we hang out in irc all the time (mostly business hours though while we pretend to work). The server is irc.shadowfire.org and the channel is #sayaj'in.

Hope everyone is well, Happy New Year.

Phallax

Post by Phallax »

a-potheada wrote:I also played as HighMoon (dexer) in [SOU] with Mary Poppins. I remember Mirage, jeasus so many familiar names.

Kayla (macer tank) S!S
HighMoon (7xMonkey) SOU
Tatyana (macer pk) KIL

God, I remember when we formed KIL in the utter disguist after they destroyed pvp as we loved it.

Im rather new to the server (been on about 40 days) and cant wait to get back into the pvp. Im almost there, about to jump into a tower then Ill be good. Ive also had a horrible connection for the whole time, which has hampered my macroing. Anyhow, you can find me here as a pothead, a bong, Magnolia Rush, Provocitive, or Luck if anyone who knows/remembers me happens to run into me lol.
Kayla huh? Ive youre the same one im remembering, I believed you were an actual female for so long, even got some "pics" lol
jamison wrote:I was on Atl from Beta til about 2000 as Jamison/Skiffle Shanks/Zoloff/Honey in TW, EWR, KB
You mean EOWR? As in Delerium as leader? I remember you, mainly as Jamison in TW tho.

Post by Image »

Such a throw back lol.. The only real game i really enjoyed..

I played on ATL for a while, prob 3 or 4 years. I was in -V-, =V=, and ARR.

Main characters were Missy (dexer) and Image (mage).

Definitely remember some names on here- Kayla/Highmoon (remember fighting with u nonstop in the cave by the INN)... it's bringing me back lol...

ZombieFever

Post by ZombieFever »

The char that I last remember playing as was Fizzgig.

I never really made much of a name for myself. I mostly spent the majority of my time hanging outside the main entrance to Moonglow naked while trying to get people to fight (kill me). Only really played with friends from school. Can't remember their names sadly :(

When I first started I think I played a char named Azel of Exile. Not sure if he was Atlantic or not.

Sparrowhawk

Post by Sparrowhawk »

I had a character named Sparrowhawk. I was a member of TK (Dalriada). We made our base on an island, and there was a tavern there we used to hang out in. We were one of the few guilds with a stable. I remember we went to war with some guild called Roses or something. At least it had Rose in the name. Anyway, old stratics article here- http://uo.stratics.com/shard/Atlantic/al_dalriada.shtml

Rhelik

Post by Rhelik »

I had originally started playing as Clytemnestra in Nov 97 and was a member of The Pluggers for a little while, although I only remember Dread Lord Plug now.

I then made my main Pker Reaper who was the only Reaper back then as far as I knew. At least the only Dread Lord Reaper. I hung with Zelda Silverring, TiCal, DeathCry, Tomahawk, Leif Erickson, DevilDog, Lila, Medusa, and some others.

Was a member of "Dread Allegiance" (we dreads all wore red clothes) while that was going on with huge wars outside of wrong where we'd take over the whole dungeon and the antis (all wearing blue) would come to try to flush us out.

I remember fighting Covetous Crew over and over until I became a member for a month. I remember Kremlin, a fighter, Lan Mandragoran and I forget the name of the blue who always would sit outside CC and use bandages to res everyone from both sides.

Also remember The Regulators, The Mercs, DeathBringers, and AoD. My first time being PKed was actually by AoD with Vas Flam. Those words used to be really scary to see. By the time it was replaced with Corp Por, I was on the other side. Killed a lot of LLTS (The Syndicate) members. Lots of fun times back then.

I was in college and a different person. Back then I used to mark a rune at in game weddings or other events then gate a room full of daemons/liches/dragons/whatever into the events and loot the corpses after.

I'm a lot nicer now heh. After T2A I went blue due not liking stat loss and owned Goodman's library in magincia for a bit.

1998 was the best gaming year I've ever had

Anyway, I recently joined this server and I'm either Clytemnestra (had to make her for old time's sake) or Rhelik.

Sir QuiGon

Post by Sir QuiGon »

Myg wrote:Anyone have any Recollections of -V-?

Used to be a member, felt like I was part of a family; was pretty neat.

I remember -V- one of my best friends in game was in the guild. Ket Tarma.

I played from around 97-2005 lol stuck out the long haul.

my mains were...

Gandalf - tank mage
Sir QuiGon - dexxer/fencer
Sir Gandalf - dexxer/swords
Bowen - mage/tamer

the Guild I was in the most was CS. Cerulean Sorcorers.

Hung out in brit for like a month until i found a teleporter to glow(in the library I think?) then I found myself in Del and I never left lol

Hung out with people like
Desert Fox(who would almost always be seen inside del bank)
Ishan
a human corpse
Darkside(this guy was nuts lol instead of making new chars he would just change his main to his play style lol started as a warrior, then became pure mage later lol, but he was the person to help me get started in the game...)
Farlander(who also has a red... the name escapes me)
my crafter would hang around with MrPops in brit
Last edited by Sir QuiGon on Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UO experience:
Atlantic 1997-2005
Characters:
Gandalf
Bowen
Sir QuiGon
Sir Gandalf

Rykker

Post by Rykker »

I played during this time on Atlantic. My characters were METH and JaymeisteR.

I hung around the Britain x-roads mostly with X-Crew but was also in The Regulators for a time. Ran around with The Pluggers some as well.

Motorhead

Post by Motorhead »

I started on Atlantic around 99. Motorhead and Nesferatu i think :P

Friends were Bonecrusher and Xavier.

Sir QuiGon

Post by Sir QuiGon »

Motorhead wrote:I started on Atlantic around 99. Motorhead and Nesferatu i think :P

Friends were Bonecrusher and Xavier.

Ah Xavier. if its the same one we dueled alot lol
UO experience:
Atlantic 1997-2005
Characters:
Gandalf
Bowen
Sir QuiGon
Sir Gandalf

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Sir QuiGon wrote: Gandalf - tank mage
Sir QuiGon - dexxer/fencer
Sir Gandalf - dexxer/swords
Bowen - mage/tamer

the Guild I was in the most was CS. Cerulean Sorcorers.

Hung out in brit for like a month until i found a teleporter to glow(in the library I think?) then I found myself in Del and I never left lol

Hung out with people like
Desert Fox(who would almost always be seen inside del bank)
Ishan
a human corpse
Darkside(this guy was nuts lol instead of making new chars he would just change his main to his play style lol started as a warrior, then became pure mage later lol, but he was the person to help me get started in the game...)
Farlander(who also has a red... the name escapes me)
my crafter would hang around with MrPops in brit
OMG, gandalf! wtf, mention Ishan but not me or Rob/Merlin? Hit me up sometime.