questions about help

Moderator: Support Moderators

wismal

questions about help

Post by wismal »

Ok in an effort to not waste time i will give some background info before i ask the questions i would like some help with

i am willing to donate to the shard,board etc.. but i need someones help i just recieved a warning from verizon that i am 75% into my monthly allotment of time,,,that is the first problem..second problem is i am not sure that this verizon hotspot will even run the game. Last time i played it was on dial up lol. That is not entirely try but it has been over 12 years i have a bunch of copies of the game but no idea what they are...that is how long it has been. I live WAY!!! out in the country but i think this hotspot would run the game if i had an up to date copy.

which brings me to problem number one if i could talk some one into downloading all the patches for me puttting them on an sd card and shipping them to me i would make it worth your while. This is not a trick or some end run around some restriction or whatever i simply want to play the game and can't get the game. I may already own what i need.
i installed samurai empire but the download from uo proved to be way too much for my account limit. i am not sure what to do at this point. I downloaded the 975meg 14 day trial from Ea and it had errors in the download so that didn't work. I am running windows 7 so that might be the problem not sure. I tried to call Uo support 3 hours and 6 calls later i have never talked to a person lots of good music...While i was playing warband lol. I can't find anywhere to buy the game now it is always a download. I even tried WOW but way too much download requirment to play that.
I am sorry for the lengthy post but i am hoping someone will have a suggestion or some help. I will send you my address send you the blank sd card and a return shipping data mailer and buy you something you want or pay you paypal for your trouble for a little help...or maybe someone can tell me where i can get the game that will put me within download range i can reach any suggestions or help will be appreciated!!

Bmohr225

Re: questions about help

Post by Bmohr225 »

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. What do you mean when you say "hotspot?" And I also don't understand what this 75% of time thing is...? You have a time limit on your internet? Everything you need to play the game is in the downloads section of uosecondage.com.

http://speedtest.cfl.rr.com/ ------If you go to that link and run the test, post what the results of DL and UL are. I will be able to tell you if the game will run right with your internet.

If you do have a time limit on your internet, I would recommend upgrading your plan. If you're starting to play UO, you'll need it sooner than later. Good luck to you and I hope I was able to help.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Bmohr225 wrote:I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. What do you mean when you say "hotspot?"
The verizon internet plan... (which, if I understand correctly, involves a USB dongle that works like a smart phone's connection to the internet). "hotspot" of course means wherever the connection works. These plans are such that you have a limited amount of downloaded (and uploaded?) data (some # of GB / month, like 2GB or something like that... much like smart phone data packages). He's saying that the client download is too big for said data package plan.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Zelek Uther
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Zelek Uther »

UOSA is the finest Ultima Online free shard, and well worth the effort to get connected!

Go to http://www.uosecondage.com/
Click on "Download UO: Second Age Client" (top right corner of page)
The UOSA client is much smaller (350MB) than the official UO client (980MB), and doesn't require patching. Razor will want to update itself - but that doesn't take much bandwidth.
Razor is a handy assistant for free shards (great for macros etc, included in the UOSA download.)
UOAM = UO Auto Map, handy for getting to know the game world (included in the UOSA download.)
Once you have the UOSA download, and have installed everything, there is some special setup required for Razor running on Windows 7, see http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Razor

I realise you have bandwidth restrictions, but if you can handle 350MB, then you can simply download the UOSA client.

Z
Zadok Uther - Co-founder of Society of Traders [S^T]

Zelek Uther - Guild Master of Terra Nova [TN]

Return to “New Player Help”