[ACE] & [ASS] Host their first 1v1 Tournament!

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
aXe

[ACE] & [ASS] Host their first 1v1 Tournament!

Post by aXe »

Hello everyone! Well, it looks like we have a new war guild to Second Age, We are the Cunning Aces. In partnership with A Sad Soul [ASS] we have been working hard to get a guild house as well as a vendor mall up and running. It seems that we have combined the two into our very own tower. Now, the first thing that came to my mind after I placed this tower was to run our own events! So as a housewarming type event, we will be hosting a 1v1 Player vs. Player Tournament on our rooftop.

Rules
There will be no potions, poisoned weapons, magic weapons or armour, and no magic fish.
There will be absolutely no tolerance for any fighting outside of the given 1v1 area.
Everyone who plans on attending this event will have to pay an entry fee of 5000 gold, there will be no refunds.

THERE HAS BEEN CHANGES DONE TO PRIZES!
The winner of this 1v1 tournament will win 75% of the pot, 2nd place will take 25%. We, as hosts will not take any of the prize money.

Now, we do have to take in mind that there are different templates used for duels. Most people that will show up will probably be tank mages. If you are a dexxer of any sort and would wish to come, there is no rules that forbid you. You are still required to follow the exact same rules as everyone else.

So I do encourage you to show up for our event! It promotes community, socializing, and besides player-ran events are always the best!

When
The last thing and most importantly, when will this event take place? The answer to that question is currently unknown to be honest. Holidays are over, I’m back to school and mostly everyone is back to work as well. Sunday’s are always a good event day for me. The event schedule hasn’t been updated for next week, but when it has been by Derrick I will pick out a time that will avoid any conflict between the automated events and ours.

Where
The event will take place at our newly placed tower. It is located just west from Wrong. Make sure you got some money in your bank account because we also got a few excellent vendors waiting to sell you the all the goods you need!

So currently the date set for this event will be Sunday, January 11th 2009. The time will be set in EST.

Please leave positive feedback on any of the rules, entry fees, prizes, or the set date.

The Cunning Aces
Last edited by aXe on Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<hemperor> plus im sure ive handled more money than your mcdonalds ass ever has, my $1200 dollar speaks for itself! :)

aXe

Re: [ACE] & [ASS] Host their first 1v1 Tournament!

Post by aXe »

Please dont comment on some of the bad grammar, im not editing.
<hemperor> plus im sure ive handled more money than your mcdonalds ass ever has, my $1200 dollar speaks for itself! :)

TwoTon

Post by TwoTon »

1 ? what time on january 11th

aXe

Post by aXe »

Sorry about the vague details. Currently we are under-going some changes in the rules and possibliy the prizes of this tournament, any feedback is greatly appreciated. I am thinking about allowing refresh pots so that macers dont totally own but i was reminded that food also gives stam so I still haven't fully decided.

The where and what has been decided, it is at Ace Tower. Please come by beforehand and check it out, we have vendors that offer great prices on black cloth, regs, weapons, and magic items. The tower has only been active a few days so please come check it out!

On the otherhand, the when and how is a bit undecided as of now. I would appreciate any feedback as to good days to host this event and I will take a good look over the server event scehdule to avoid an conflict between the events.

So please leave your feedback! also please spread the word of this event as well as our vendors!
The screenshot in my first post should be enough to get you too our tower, if not leave me a PM on forums or in IRC as Axe and i will be sure to get you a rune or provide a gate.

Thank you.