will UO run on a Netbook?

Sultan of Swing

will UO run on a Netbook?

Post by Sultan of Swing »

thinking of buying a laptop, as im commuting 4 hours a day with work, only prob is ive got about £300 budget. would also like to be able to run uo on it if possible.

I figure I either get a second hand decent laptop or buy one of these notebook things?

Any advice/suggestions Please? my computer knowledge/terminology is exteremely basic so please go easy on me.

Cheers,

Sultan

Koden

Re: will UO run on a Netbook?

Post by Koden »

I think whern I asked the same thing about a 3 year old laptop I was told. It's an 11 year old game, just about any PC thats less then 5 years old can run it. As to netbooks I don't know. But I run fine on a cheep 2008 laptop.
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish on UOSA and he will stay up until his wife yells at him to get to bed.

Bmohr225

Post by Bmohr225 »

I have a tiny little laptop at work. I don't need it for much, so it's efficient for it's purpose. As far as playing UO on it, the main problem is screen space. You either have to have good eyes and a tiny game window, or settle for a very narrow border for stat bars/paper doll, spells, etc. Plays the game fine though. Just don't buy a computer with Windows Basic.

Hicha
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Hicha »

I used to play UO on a Windows 95 laptop with a 233 MHz processor and 256Mb of ram. Even the lowest quality computer you could find at any electronics store would be able to run UO.
"I consider most of you NPC's that inhabit the single player game that I am here to enjoy." - MatronDeWinter

Sultan of Swing

Post by Sultan of Swing »

thanks folks,