The Walk Across Britannia Pics and Tales thread.

Share stories and special moments with the community.
Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

The Walk Across Britannia Pics and Tales thread.

Post by Blaise »

Hail all UOSA and many many thanks to all who took part in the Walk Across Britannia. The walk was long and full of adventure, as anticipated.
We met up in the town of Ascalon, nestled in the North Mines. From there we walked south through Minoc with a short rally at the bank.
Off through the woods, all were eager to see if there were any Urks roaming their lands.
Along the way Kander made to ambush us from his castle walls and Killah Priest came out to attempt to murder the revelers as well.
Clearly they were ready for an ambush, as were we. After a decent fight, and the loss of my son to a cleverly trapped box, we triumphed.
After we cleared the ambush we had some fighting along the road with Dabo, clearly feeling slighted at the destruction of his ambush.
From there we made way to WL (after I missed it and ended up in DG first).
After wending our way back through DG, and rallying a bit at the Yew Cemetary, we then routed the bandits from their camp.
Working our way south we found the BUMs had taken a shortcut to meet us at their tower. We assembled in their hall for a short time to have a drink and see a Daemon Fight on the roof.
Twas an excellent time to be sure, but alas, they had to leave the party at that juncture.
My sense of direction slightly failing me, we hit a bit of traffic along the mountains.
After getting back on track (thanks Armada) and winding our way further south along the water, we found these dastardly elves throwing explosion potions and casting dangerous spells.
After a brief rally in Trinsic, the party made it's way north to the lands of Ravenfell. Met by Gharik Darkmoor and Bessalet, we were treated to freshly baked pies and beverages in their facilities.
Gharik provided an excellent and enlightening tour of the town before taking us to see the Shadowmire.
If the bridge troll were a bit smarter, it might think twice before blocking our path in the future!
The undead roamed the land unchecked around this darkened castle. One can only hope enough brave souls live to keep them at bay.
We walked from Ravenfell north to the city of Britain, only to be routed at the river crossing by Sandro and Diogenes and an army of daemons.
Having regrouped after that beating, our party began dwindling drastically. I found myself as the town crier in Britain seeking adventurers to join me in the remainder of our journey.
None joined there but we did find some brave souls at the graveyard on the way out of town. We rallied together and made our way for the UoH museum.
After taking a few more beatings from these murderous few, the party continued (licking their wounds) along the course.
Lightshade showed us the PoV keep with duelling pit that I had never seen. Pretty sweet to be certain.
Having felt the adrenaline flowing just having been standing where so many brave fighters must have fought or died trying, we were alighted to see Dabo in the area.
After more chasing and near misses with my spear the group managed to bring him down for good.
We made our along through Cove and departed after wasting resources on a number of those bloodthirsty bloodrock orcs. From there, Lightshade led the party for a tour of C^V.
We saw many a wonderous decoration in their fine city, as well as their fully stocked vendor mall.
Having dwindled to just Lightshade and I after that, he was gracious enough to walk the remainder with me, back to my home in Ascalon.
All in all, I cannot have asked for a better time or turn-out. There are such a great bunch of people here and all should be thanked by name if I could recall them all, without reviewing my journal and all the pictures.
It was great to see people learning the lands of the many guilds that are a big part of this shard. Party goers were marking runes at stops all along the way, much like any adventurer seeking to return in the future might.
None could be faulted for taking only as much part as they may, the journey was indeed long, taking nearly 3 UO days to complete.
I look forward to as many or more real years of playing here with all of the good (and bad ;) ) adventurers in these lands.

I was so worn out after all that, I actually took a nap RL. After waking I found the guild bustling with activity so we decided to have some more play.
The fun just never ends around here :)

Hail UOSA!!!

If you have any tales or images to share from the event, I'd love to see the contribution here. :)
Est Sularus oth Mithas

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: The Walk Across Britannia Pics and Tales thread.

Post by Light Shade »

Good Times! Thanks for this contribution to the shard everyone.

-L/S
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Return to “Tales of Adventure”