Opendoor Macro/Hotkey

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Malaikat

Opendoor Macro/Hotkey

Post by Malaikat »

Purely conjecture, as I'm basing this off past experience, but for as long I can recall I've had my opendoor action bound to my space key. Never on OSI do I recall triggering an item/action delay through the act of merely typing (and therefore hitting space) with a door anywhere on screen. Perhaps the code should be intelligent enough to not trigger the opendoor action if there isn't one anywhere close to being within range?

Certainly it has the capability since razor has a feature to automatically open doors which doesn't generate an action every tick as soon as a door comes on screen...
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Opendoor Macro/Hotkey

Post by Kaivan »

This is actually correct. The demo, and live servers reflect this. Unless a door is actually opened using the OpenDoor macro, then no object delay should be triggered.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Byokii

Post by Byokii »

I remember the same. I just started here, and I found it odd that i was seeing action messages while typing...

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Kaivan wrote:This is actually correct. The demo, and live servers reflect this. Unless a door is actually opened using the OpenDoor macro, then no object delay should be triggered.
Any plans for a fix, as it's certainly not operating this way now. I have yet to be screwed by this in pvp, so at this point it's more of an annoyance than anything. However, I could certainly see that it could present a serious problem.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Malaikat wrote:
Kaivan wrote:This is actually correct. The demo, and live servers reflect this. Unless a door is actually opened using the OpenDoor macro, then no object delay should be triggered.
Any plans for a fix, as it's certainly not operating this way now. I have yet to be screwed by this in pvp, so at this point it's more of an annoyance than anything. However, I could certainly see that it could present a serious problem.
I alerted Derrick to the issue a while back, but it may have just slipped his mind, or it might have been categorized as a minor bug. Your guess is as good as mine on that. I'll talk to him about it again, but the beginning of the year is actually very busy for him and I don't know what his time will be like.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

Beggars can't be choosers, so I'm not going to stomp up and down or anything. Whenever you fine gents get it working is fine by me. I just wanted to bring it to your attention.

Thanks.