Why so much love for the T2A ruleset on freeshards?

Topics related to Second Age
Zeppelin
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Why so much love for the T2A ruleset on freeshards?

Post by Zeppelin »

This is a thread to voice your opinion.

Thank you all for sharing your values.

Vhyx

Post by Vhyx »

Agreed on this being a matter of opinions.

I thought it was cool that they introduced mage templates other than "Tank". I thought their attempt to close the PvP performance gap between mages and dexers was admirable. The problem is, they went a bit too far with stuff like lumberjacking.

I didn't mind paralyzing hits, crushing blows, or concussions. However, I couldn't stand being set upon by a couple lumberjacks swinging vanqs. WHUMP WHUMP dead. I suppose there had to be a template for horrible PvPers to use in order to feel good, but come on. That template was a step too far. Can't say I have any desire to ever step back into that UO era for that reason.

That, and there is the whole issue of Trammel.......

Hythloth Tower for Sale. Contact Boondock_Saint via PMs because it's his and not mine. Azheman will broker the deal, naked.

platy

Post by platy »

I loved t2a.
But the most fun I had playing OSI was factions.
UOSA with factions = Heaven..
But, its NEA!

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Yea there was nothing better than sitting around in a town for hours waiting for a raid that never came.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

allnightlong

Post by allnightlong »

*shudder* factions...
The casual mans pvp... for maintaining anonimity amongst a screen of 100 morons all ebolt humping their way to the occasional kill.
fun times.

Pro

Post by Pro »

Think factions are quite the opposite of casual for most people.

cmerolon

Post by cmerolon »

LUMBERJACKING+FENCING FOR THE WIN... Also Small stone tower PLEASE
[/color]Crack kills Weed Doesn't

Brymstone666

Post by Brymstone666 »

Pirul wrote:UO:R mechanics where good, but Trammel trumped all.
Agreed, UO:R without Trammel

Blaise
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Blaise »

To be honest, I don't care about era. All I know is that when I logged in here for the first time, I felt like I was a 19 again playing UO for the first time. On OSI I was never a big stickler for how things worked because the game was so awesome to begin with. I played pretty heavy from launch for a year or so and off and on through UO:R. I am one of the 'wants the best of everything' kind of guys but you can't please everyone all the time.
I wish a lot of things were different here for my own reasons but appreciate the goal of accuracy to a finite point.

Just 'relaunch' the shard with a new name of The Golden Age and cherry pick all the 'good' things from whatever era we can all agree we want. :P

It's just THAT easy!!! :)

If the shard ever changed it's stance it would be a slippery slope to the hell that is the one picture that gets posted with all the puke on screen at WBB.

Cheers.
Est Sularus oth Mithas

The Real Sandro

Post by The Real Sandro »

UO:R had the best pvp. It was based on who knew the mechanics the best and who had the best ping.

Which is how video games basically are anymore. However, here you can still die as a result of a very unlucky 55 damage halberd hit or something along those lines regardless of how "good" you are.

A heads up on trammel, UO was losing a lot of subscribers as a result of griefing etc. Also, with Everquest and other games at the time that offered basically a trammel world were on the uprise. I think Orgin or EA, whoever at the time, made the right decision putting trammel in.
cr3w / -3-

[14:41] <SJane> nevermore doesn't cheat
[14:41] <Arsen_SupPe> tell me how my brownbear loses against a chicken then? kty jane
[06:07] <Luca|Blight> but really whos left thats good at pvp besides sandro