Automating vet

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
randale

Automating vet

Post by randale »

Here's a way I've heard of, but it work for me

1. Line up your vet next to the animal
2. Have someone else start attacking the animal
3. Have the vet (or another toon other than the attacker) cast invis on the attacker
4. the Attacker will become visible, but he will still be attacking the animal, which will not attack him back
5. Have your vet heal the animal while it's taking damage

But, this didn't work for me. I used a Gorilla, and step 4 didn't work out the same way. The animal stopped attacking him for like 5 or 6 seconds after he became visible, but then it started attacking him again. But, the other night, I had two characters attacking a grizzly bear and was able to heal them for hours while they attacked it, after they'd been invis'd the bear didn't attack them anymore.

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Automating vet

Post by mrbojangles »

edit: people below are correct.
Last edited by mrbojangles on Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

Gregor De Gar

Post by Gregor De Gar »

Worked fine for me :|
Attachments
vet.png
vet.png (66.11 KiB) Viewed 3983 times

fancy shirt

Post by fancy shirt »

I just used the same method to macro melee skills. The animal or npc will resume fighting back unless they're controlled by the attacker. Try transferring the animal, say all guard me so the animal goes grey, then attack, then invis....should work.

Gregor De Gar

Post by Gregor De Gar »

Heres two RPVs of my vet and the char gaining wrestling.
Attachments
Jacob_2-17_09.46.rpv
(26.58 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
Wethersby_2-17_09.46.rpv
(34.88 KiB) Downloaded 146 times

Gregor De Gar

Post by Gregor De Gar »

fancy shirt wrote:I just used the same method to macro melee skills. The animal or npc will resume fighting back unless they're controlled by the attacker. Try transferring the animal, say all guard me so the animal goes grey, then attack, then invis....should work.
See my RPVs. The bear is owned by wethersby, the vet, and not the attacker. It will not start attacking unless it is not fed and allowed to go wild

randale

Post by randale »

Here's my macro I'm trying to make. What I'm trying to do is have it pick up a bandage from a big pile, use it, wait for the animal to be healed (or fail at the attempt) and repeat

Lift 1 (location where the pile is)
drop to (coords in backpack)
Pause 2.50 seconds
Double click [Clean bandage]
Pause 1.00 sec
Wait for Target
Absolute Target
Pause 10.00 sec

It works sometimes, but sometimes it gets stuck on wait for target, and I'll have to wait 25 seconds, why?

Gregor De Gar

Post by Gregor De Gar »

Just double click the bandages off the ground. For vet the pause should be 6 seconds (6000).

randale

Post by randale »

Gregor De Gar wrote:
fancy shirt wrote:I just used the same method to macro melee skills. The animal or npc will resume fighting back unless they're controlled by the attacker. Try transferring the animal, say all guard me so the animal goes grey, then attack, then invis....should work.
See my RPVs. The bear is owned by wethersby, the vet, and not the attacker. It will not start attacking unless it is not fed and allowed to go wild
How would you put feeding into your macro, you need to do it, but once every few real time hours. Another way I could try is feed the animal until it's stuffed and it will last several more hours, I presume.

Gregor De Gar

Post by Gregor De Gar »

You could probably macro it by using for loops to handle the healing for an extended period and then add feeding after the loop. For example vet 100 times (10 mins) then feed then vet 100 more.

I never auto fed though... Feed em until stuffed and you'll have hours.

Or, as someone else said, get two bears, release them, and provoke them on eachother. Then they'll keep fighting until one dies, which shouldn't happen if you're healing. I'm pretty sure you'll still be able to use another char to melee them.

randale

Post by randale »

You could probably macro it by using for loops to handle the healing for an extended period and then add feeding after the loop. For example vet 100 times (10 mins) then feed then vet 100 more.

I never auto fed though... Feed em until stuffed and you'll have hours.
Even if the animal is starving when you start you'll have hours, how many more if it's stuffed when you start the macro?
Or, as someone else said, get two bears, release them, and provoke them on eachother. Then they'll keep fighting until one dies, which shouldn't happen if you're healing. I'm pretty sure you'll still be able to use another char to melee them.
Yes, only thing is it really depends on your vet and animal lore skills. You'll notice they'll start to hit each other harder, because they are gaining in tactics. So, one could kill the other if you're not careful/fail to heal it too many times.

Return to “Guides”