Razor Macros and Sounds

Topics related to Second Age
a_llama

Razor Macros and Sounds

Post by a_llama »

Does anyone know if its possible to get a razor macro to play some kind of sound on a trigger?

So you could make a macro that when the monster you are hunting has respawned you could have a system message trigger that would play a sound so you would know its back and could kill it again?

Batlin
wobble llama
wobble llama

Re: Razor Macros and Sounds

Post by Batlin »

I do not think that's possible.

Maybe you should post your question at the official Razor forums: http://www.runuo.com/community/forums/r ... istant.47/ and request the function ;-)
+ORC: If you give a man a crack he'll be hungry again tomorrow, but if you teach him how to crack, he'll never be hungry again.
chumbucket: I don't collect pixels.

Never trust the client. It's in the hands of the enemy : UO Demo internals @ JoinUO

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I'm too lazy to log in to actually build this, but how about:

Exec: Target closest gray
Pause .30
If Sysmessage (target set)
Exec Use Once Agent [ or simply double click a bag/trapped pouch or anything else that makes a recognizable sound ]

You may be able to skip the target closest and just have the system pick up all names. I've never tested it. Something like:

If Sysmessage (an efreet)
etc etc
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

Sorry to bring this topic alive, I just want to offer a better way.

You can make the char play a musical instrument,
like a lute, or a drum, nonstop. It will easily recognized.
Slowly Lord British, ruler of Britannia, rises from his throne. Brushing the dust off of his crown, a concerned realization crosses his face. The rumors are true!

SighelmofWyrmgard

Post by SighelmofWyrmgard »

Wow, Kabup, congratulations: you've necro'd the most-bizarre thread I've ever seen in these forums!

Your own input is a good idea: assuming you're hidden and waiting for a specific respawn (Elder Gazer or Balron, maybe, or collecting WWs/Dragons/'mares), playing an instrument will not unhide you and will only be heard by the player.

It occurs to me --to answer the original question-- that one could use the Animal Lore skill, or an item like scissors, in the 'detection macro' and direct Razor to "target by type": this should provide Sysmessages that vary only when the changed-condition is the absence/presence of the desired type of mob.

Assuming that the "yes, the mob has respawned" Sysmessage is the desired Sysmessage (with scissors the Sysmessage will be something like, "you can't use scissors on that"), the pseudocode would look something like this,

If Sysmessage: "can't" [or whatever word it is that is unique to the confirmation Sysmessage]
Use Item [musical instrument]
Pause 2.0 seconds
Else
Use Item [scissors]/ Use Skill Animal Lore
Wait for Target
Execute Target by Type: [desired mob]
Pause 1.0 second/ 10.0 seconds
End If
[Loop!]

Can anyone see how/where I've made a mistake?

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
uosa44 wrote:For sale, by original owner:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:Wow, Kabup, congratulations: you've necro'd the most-bizarre thread I've ever seen in these forums!
You have no idea, I'm digging a lot of old stuff here, to create my own macros... :)

But you are right, no use for hunting if you are hidden. But I used this trick in another macro, to auto-id my loot, it is a very slow macro, takes a lot of time, so I needed to know when was done. It was how I found this dead topic....

Scissors look great, do you tried it? Maybe using a hatchet in a tree will make a loud alert... you can lumber a tree invisible... or a pick, in a dungeon.

Tracking will provide the sysmessage, I already tried this.
Slowly Lord British, ruler of Britannia, rises from his throne. Brushing the dust off of his crown, a concerned realization crosses his face. The rumors are true!

SighelmofWyrmgard

Perhaps you misunderstand me and, no, I haven't tried scissors or anything for that matter.

This style of play-behaviour isn't "my thing": generally, I can't be bothered to camp spawns.

I don't understand your reference to Tracking. There's nothing wrong with Tracking but, it seems to me, that there's no use for it in this instance. I just don't know why you mentioned Tracking at all, is all.

When you use a "targettable" tool on an inappropriate target, you get a Sysmessage that tells you that what you have attempted can not yield anything; if there is no such target at all, you get a Sysmessage that says there is no such target available; those two different messages can be used as the cue to tell Razor whether or not to play the instrument in the player's pack.

One thing that had occurred to me: instead of "you can't use scissors on that", you might get "that is too far away", or something; however the point is, do something (whatever) that will generate different Sysmessages based upon whether or not the mob has respawned yet, and build the macro around that.

Say, shouldn't you be busy finding another weird thread? :P

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
1 Human Brain, never been used, only slightly damaged, still in original packaging.
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS
uosa44 wrote:The inability for this person to respond in such a crazy manner proves my point.

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

Forum in these days are pretty much slow. Reading old posts give me some background of the community. Also, I'm a programmer, and I like to create scripts and stuff. Old posts give me info, and new ideas to perform some task.

One last piece of razor's script, I'm using to track pks. My char stays hidden, using tracking to find someone, and gives me a alert when it finds. Here's the code, if someone wants to give a try:

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|38
Assistant.Macros.WaitForMenuAction|0|300
Assistant.Macros.MenuResponseAction|3|8454|0
Assistant.Macros.IfAction|4|0|no evidence
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:10
Assistant.Macros.ElseAction
Assistant.Macros.ForAction|10
Assistant.Macros.LiftAction|1081317784|1|3834
Assistant.Macros.DropAction|0x4073998D|(136, 65, 0)|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.EndForAction
Assistant.Macros.EndIfAction

It lift and drops the spellbook, if there's a human player around. The sound is enough to recognize. It can be used to check IDOCs too, or a chest in a dungeon, with few modifications.

PS: lol, while I was writing this, Vega show up.

SighelmofWyrmgard

Two items:

Item 1
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote: .... assuming you're hidden ... playing an instrument will not unhide you and will only be heard by the player. [To be clear, I meant, "only by the player of the character who is playing the musical instrument"]
Only moments ago, I tested this in-game to confirm that it is correct: you can be standing right beside another character who is playing a musical instrument and the instrument will only be heard by the instrument-player, if the instrument-player is hidden.

Now, if one happens to be dual-boxing, "focus-loss" will occur on the inactive client and in-game sounds generated on the inactive client will not be heard (although the in-game music can still be heard regardless of focus-loss): anyone "juggling clients" would have to check back with the detecting character, periodically, to check to see if the detector has detected anything.

However, as to the question in the OP, if the real-person-game-player wanted to camp somewhere and wait for something to be detected, but be AFK (leaving the client "up", so that focus-loss does not occur), then the type of macro I described above would work just fine.

Item 2

Kabup, please take no offense but,

Your macro is upside-down, and will likely get anyone relying on it for a PKer-warning killed.

It is upside-down in the respect that it is of the format, "detect and, if no detection, wait 10 seconds but, else, repeat 10x: sound alarm and then wait 1 second"; it would be a lot better if it were, "if detection yes sound alarm and wait 1 second but, else, detect and wait 1 second".

I see two big flaws with the first format:

1, with no pause between the detection and the sysmessage check, only a little latency will cause the macro to miss the on-time Sysmessage and, instead, remember the previous Sysmessage (which, logically, would have been "no evidence"): this almost guarantees that the macro will execute 1 more "detection" loop before sounding the alarm; the alarm will not be on-time, but 10 seconds late ... You might also get a false alarm on the first run: algorithmically, it's not sound.

2, and this is related to 1, Razor remembers Sysmessages, so you want the macro anchored to the unique "detect-yes" Sysmessage, and not the "detect-no" that the upside-down macro uses and will be constantly spamming: remembered Sysmessages could prevent your macro from sounding the alarm for a couple of minutes, or more!

So, I would amend your macro thusly,

If Sysmessage "track" ;"which" might be just as good EDIT: I bollocks'd this, use,
If Sysmessage = "Select" ; or "like"
[Sound Alarm Action]
Pause 1.0 second
Else
UseSkill Tracking
[Gump-selection blahblahblah]; EDIT: you will want to edit the "Wait for gump" time-out to only 1 second, also
Pause 1.0 second
End If
[Loop!]

With no latency, you'll get a one-second delay until the alert is sounded; with some latency, it will be only latencytime+1second before the alarm sounds.

"Hey Saxmund, don't you mean 10 seconds, instead of 1 second, after UseSkill Tracking?"

No, I don't: the macro is not listening for anything in the "You must wait ..." skill-delay Sysmessage and will ignore all of that spam; additionally, regardless of latency and/or variations in latency, the Tracking skill always will be used as soon as it possibly can, for each continued iteration, to within 1 second.

With 10-second delay, even a tiny "blip" of server-side/connection lag could cause a 19+ second gap in the effective detection loop, by completely failing to execute for an entire 10-second iteration; lots of "blips", and the macro will be constantly bouncing out-of-sync/back-in-sync.

So, to all who wish to try such things, do well and heed what I have said.

SS

P.S. I might rather employ item-usage-against-target-type, instead of Tracking, for this sort of thing, as Tracking might "stack" a few gumps and screw-up the macro (if you were to say, go AFK for a couple of minutes, or something). However, Tracking has a range advantage ... Tracking will be fine if you're checking-up on the detector regularly.

SS
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:
$1, obo
FTFY.

SS

Kabup

Post by Kabup »

SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:Two items:

Item 1
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote: .... assuming you're hidden ... playing an instrument will not unhide you and will only be heard by the player. [To be clear, I meant, "only by the player of the character who is playing the musical instrument"]
Only moments ago, I tested this in-game to confirm that it is correct: you can be standing right beside another character who is playing a musical instrument and the instrument will only be heard by the instrument-player, if the instrument-player is hidden.
Nice, I didn't check that, thanks for the info.
SighelmofWyrmgard wrote:Item 2

Kabup, please take no offense but,

Your macro is upside-down, and will likely get anyone relying on it for a PKer-warning killed.

It is upside-down in the respect that it is of the format, "detect and, if no detection, wait 10 seconds but, else, repeat 10x: sound alarm and then wait 1 second"; it would be a lot better if it were, "if detection yes sound alarm and wait 1 second but, else, detect and wait 1 second".

I see two big flaws with the first format:

1, with no pause between the detection and the sysmessage check, only a little latency will cause the macro to miss the on-time Sysmessage and, instead, remember the previous Sysmessage (which, logically, would have been "no evidence"): this almost guarantees that the macro will execute 1 more "detection" loop before sounding the alarm; the alarm will not be on-time, but 10 seconds late ... You might also get a false alarm on the first run: algorithmically, it's not sound.

2, and this is related to 1, Razor remembers Sysmessages, so you want the macro anchored to the unique "detect-yes" Sysmessage, and not the "detect-no" that the upside-down macro uses and will be constantly spamming: remembered Sysmessages could prevent your macro from sounding the alarm for a couple of minutes, or more!
No offense, be cool, and I'm glad to have someone to discuss this.

You are right, of course, there is a 10s delay between the detection and the alarm. Your way is better, and the scam doesn't matter, nobody will be looking the screen (otherwise the alarm is useless).

My macro was used to track pks, I want to know the time and place they show up, and tracking give me off-screen views, allowing to check areas near me. If I need, I always can check the journal, to see who show up. That's was my primary objective. I usually keep a char hidden near a hotspot, and keep checking.

But using instruments give me a better sound, of course, and no delay is always better. So, thanks for your check, and thanks for your macro.