Events

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Events

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Events should make a return without rewards...I like the whole concept of seige battles with fairly even sides. Taking out the rewards also would ensure a non afk sabatoging of them.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Holy Mittens

Post by Holy Mittens »

I was a player volunteer in EVE Online who ran events before they shuttered that program. I was pretty good at it too, got more than one person raving about an event I ran.

So I'd definitely like to see events here on UOSA. There should obviously be some sort of reward. It need not be something weird like silver or something, but if you have say a town invasion where monsters are getting slaughtered and they carry decent loot (that everyone would have a chance at looting) that usually works. And have a few "boss" mobs that drop high end stuff.

Border Patrol

Post by Border Patrol »

A town invasion of Silver Steeds, Dark Steeds, and Silver Wolves would be cool.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

GuardianKnight wrote:I would be angry if I were a noob and staff just decided before an event that no rewards were to be given but didn't tell anyone. Leaving people saying wtf? that was it?
But only if you were a noob right? *makes note* ;)
archaicsubrosa77 wrote:Events should make a return without rewards...I like the whole concept of seige battles with fairly even sides. Taking out the rewards also would ensure a non afk sabatoging of them.
I'll admit, it may be a surprise, but I like my shineys. However I never did the out-of-world events for that (most in-world events I only do for silver/pixels... too much BS for it to be very entertaining usually). I didn't even consider them a part of the game, just a way to play with the same people, using largely the same mechanics, in a side-game to breakup the monotony. I would pay to play dd/ctf.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

looking through my old screenshot folder, i even miss the CTFs which i used to think were lame :<
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

I posted what I think is a great solution for a (some) non-trammie automated event(s):
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=37751
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)