Swing on the run (dexing)

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Missedsomuch

Re: Swing on the run (dexing)

Post by Missedsomuch »

P.S
Players using melee weapons in combat will now hold their swing until their target is in range. Additionally, the timer that determines melee weapon swing times (combat timer) will now advance as the player is moving. Thus, melee weapon users will no longer be required to stop moving before swinging.
Biggest problem with this patch note is:

T2A era u run and must stop for a moment for insta hit strike
After UO:r (with that patch) u run and DON'T STOP FOR STRIKE (but no insta hits instead, thats why all mages transited to archery after OSI returned pre-cast with 25dex hally strike was easy to dodge while u swinging ur slowly weapon).
Just RUN AND HIT over and over.
That what was changed. And i remember both eras very well.

It was just matter of very very short moment u need to stand still to made swing (with insta-hit it's no problem at all), which osi removed at all in UO:R.

And here is classical pre runuo freeshard system, where weapons are useless at all (except cycle weapon with mage).

It's just misunderstanding of what's written in this note.

Tank mages was hard for dexxer only becouse it was hard to survive very first burst (or any others if he managed to restore mana after first burst). Here Tank mage could kill u even in Town without magic (why would anyone made no resist townie dexxer back then?)
And don't tell me i am noob with 6 forum post. As i wrote it to make great T2A shard better.

ClowN

Post by ClowN »

Just weighing in on this topic.

been almost a year since iv last logged in to play here. all my real estate has fallen. still waiting for this critical issue to be resolved before i spend any more time playing here. I cant justify investing time into a server with gimped combat mechanics. I only play for FIELD PVP and 90% of the time i enjoy playing a loaded up dexxer. I shouldnt need 25k worth of gear just to hang with a tank mage wielding a GM hally that can simply just walk in a straight line to avoid ever being hit by me. worthless.

maybe someday ill return to the UO i once loved.

LudKrud

Post by LudKrud »

Dont know why people keep talking about this when its been posted so many times...I know plenty of people myself included that run dexxers and do just fine.You can hit on the run you just have to be synched up to the server relatively closely so it registers you as next to the target when you see it on your screen.

Set a hot key for re-sych and use it you will be fine,well as fine as you ever were I guess....if you sucked back when you will probably still suck.....