Hi.

Topics related to Second Age
Type6

Hi.

Post by Type6 »

I stumbled upon this site accidentally a few days ago and I'm sure glad I did. I used to play UO 8-9 years ago, and I love what you guys did, especially that you focus on the authenticity of that era. I played on a few free shards before, but most are heavily modified and just don't play like the original UO. And the official game... it's a perversion of it's former self, a freak.

So I decided, f*** it, might as well download and install it just for the fun of it. Well 2 days in and I'm loving it :). It plays just like the original thing. The way UO was meant to be! The funniest thing is that even though I didn't play it in a very long time, the moment I logged in, I instantly felt at home again. Like I never quit in the first place. I even got PKed pretty much as soon as I left town the first time (just like the old days :)).

There are a few things that seem different though, I guess I should post those in the Era accuracy board, but I might as well do it here.

1. Monster speed. Some mobs just seem way to slow. Like ettins or earth elementals. It takes them ages to get anywhere. Now it might just be my hazy memory, but I could swear those were faster.

2. I'm completely sure about this one though. Skeletons drop bone armor all the time. I remember, back in the original UO, it actually took some grinding to get a good amount of bone armor together. People were actually selling bone sets. Now I was at the cemetary for about 30 minutes and I made almost 7 full sets of bone (I'm playing the game solo from the start with no gold/resources/GMcrafter characters so grinding bone armor is the logical course of action for now... in case you were wondering :)).
I'm not sure whether anyone mentioned this before or not, but I can clearly remember it was not that easy to get bone armor.

So that's it basically, I wanted to drop in, say hi, and tell you people what a kickass job you're doing with his server. UO, in my opinion, was the greatest MMO ever. You people are doing a great service to everyone that loved playing the game the way it was meant to be played.

Damn UO made me stay up all night... it's 5am here ....

... just like in the old days!

:P

Cue_Ball

Re: Hi.

Post by Cue_Ball »

Welcome home, friend.

TheEttinKing

Post by TheEttinKing »

Welcome to the shard bro

Jed Clampett on drugs story By the EttinKing.

Let me tell ya story bout a man named Jed poor man barley kept his family feed then one day he was smoking on a joint and zedd hit him with his truck...Twice.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Welcome to Second Age!

This is the first report I've had of mobs being too slow, which I think is a good thing, it means we're getting close. All of the previous comments on monster speed have been that they were way faster than they used to be, but a major adjustment to the speed and movement AI was done a few weeks ago. Possibly I overdid the slower monsters a bit.

On the bone armor, i agree. I didn't realize it was dropping that frequently. We used to grind in lvl1 deceit for bone armor sets back in the day.

Thanks!

Would it be ok to use the original post as a testimonial to the shard on our homepage?

DrFaustus
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by DrFaustus »

Oh you want testimonials eh?
Derrick wrote::cry: :( :o :lol: :roll: :wink:

Slimeball Jasper

Post by Slimeball Jasper »

Welcome to the shard.
I would really advise staying away from the graveyard during peak times as the highschool kid pk's get off early.

Type6

Post by Type6 »

Thanks all. Use it no problem, I've never been quoted like that before so that's actually pretty cool, feel free to change any grammatical errors :).

Jasper: I noticed that pretty quick, definitely staying away from the Britain one. I have a graveyard or two where I've only seen 1 pk (in about 3 hours) and he was pretty slow to, (my recall was faster :)). Also I live in Europe, not sure what the majority player base is here (my guess is US), so peak times at your place might be different then with me here.

Ronk
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Ronk »

Good catch on the bone armor. I remember it being more difficult as well.
------------------
The Bloodrock Orcs - http://www.bloodrock.org
Historic Bloodrock