Razor buy agent/wait for target

Moderator: Support Moderators

randale

Razor buy agent/wait for target

Post by randale »

Sometimes, (actually all the time) my buy agent tells me I spent way more than I really did. I spend 500, it tells me I spent 2000, I spent 1200, it tells me I spent 4K, is there a way to fix this?

Also, here's a macro I have for unlocking my front door to my house, stepping inside, relocking the door and closing the door (from the inside)

1. Double click (door ID, alphanumeric code-it's the keyring attached to the door)
2. Wait for Target
3. Absolute Target
4. Pause 1.00sec
5. Double click (alphanumeric code, the front door)
6. Pause 1.00sec
7. Double click (AC code, keyring)
8. Wait for Target
9. Absolute Target
10. Pause 1.00sec
11. Walk: North
12. Double Click (ac code, front door)
13. Useskill Detecting Hidden
14. Wait for Target
15. Absolute Target (open area inside the house)

But, as I've been hearing there are ways to speed up this macro (it is somewhat slow) When you record it, it automatically puts in the "Wait for Target" lines, so could I remove them?

Secondly, what does edit timeout do? On the first wait for target, the timeout value under it is 30, 30 what? milliseconds? Could I speed it up by changing this number to say 1, or 0?

Venom

Re: Razor buy agent/wait for target

Post by Venom »

edit the timeout on the 'Wait for target' it starts at 30, change to anything between 1-6

Venom : Bard - Mage - S3X
Venomous : Rogue - Fighter - S3X

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Also, including walking in your macro might mess up your playing after executing it. You might want to put in a 1-2 second pause in there and just walk in yourself with no macro.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

randale

Post by randale »

Venom wrote:edit the timeout on the 'Wait for target' it starts at 30, change to anything between 1-6
Can I just delete the wait for target, actually? And, do you know why the buy agent is messed up?

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

For Timeouts, it is in seconds...but for the pauses it is in milliseconds. Never did understand why Razor used different times for the Timeout.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

randale wrote:
Venom wrote:edit the timeout on the 'Wait for target' it starts at 30, change to anything between 1-6
Can I just delete the wait for target, actually? And, do you know why the buy agent is messed up?
Sorry for the double post, but the buy agent telling you that you spent a bazillion gold pieces is not an error on your side. I think it has something to do with the NPC merchants total inventory, but I never bothered to figure it out completely.

Bottom line is that it doesn't actually spend all that money, so its okay. Just ignore the funky numbers.

You can delete wait for target, and if you're letting macros run for a long time it is a good idea. Server saves can mess up macros with Wait for Target. You may find that you need a pause where the Wait for Target is at.

randale

Post by randale »

Pirul wrote:Also, including walking in your macro might mess up your playing after executing it. You might want to put in a 1-2 second pause in there and just walk in yourself with no macro.
Well, I want it to be part of the macro, that's kind of the whole point. To make a macro that unlocks the door, walks in relocks it, closes it, and uses detect hidden.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

randale wrote:
Pirul wrote:Also, including walking in your macro might mess up your playing after executing it. You might want to put in a 1-2 second pause in there and just walk in yourself with no macro.
Well, I want it to be part of the macro, that's kind of the whole point. To make a macro that unlocks the door, walks in relocks it, closes it, and uses detect hidden.
While you're making a macro to do Detect Hidden, you may also want to include an auto-ban targeting nearest grey.

Note: Any Razor macro that has walking in it will work fine for the macro's purposes, but will glitch the client for normal gameplay afterwards. You will have to exit out of the client after you're done with your macro to "fix" that walking glitch.

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

Light Shade wrote:
randale wrote:
While you're making a macro to do Detect Hidden, you may also want to include an auto-ban targeting nearest grey.

Note: Any Razor macro that has walking in it will work fine for the macro's purposes, but will glitch the client for normal gameplay afterwards. You will have to exit out of the client after you're done with your macro to "fix" that walking glitch.
^^^^^^^^^^^^ movement in macro is a terrible idea and well i dont even us a "entry macro" its not hard to do this manually and safely and if i ever did it would not have movement in it at all. someone kills you in the amount of time the door is unlocked you have a bigger headache now .
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Glad I'm not the only one who suffers from that.

:P
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

iamreallysquall wrote:
Light Shade wrote:
randale wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^ movement in macro is a terrible idea and well i dont even us a "entry macro" its not hard to do this manually and safely and if i ever did it would not have movement in it at all. someone kills you in the amount of time the door is unlocked you have a bigger headache now .
I agree that it is a bad idea to have movement in a macro, especially if it happens repetitively. However, he wanted to know about it, regardless, so the information is given. :)

For the record, I do not recommend doing this as every griefer on the shard will be looking to capitalize off of an "auto" door macro coupled with other automated processes. There are better ways of doing things that are much safer and still get the job done.

Cheers.

-L/S

randale

Post by randale »

Bottom line is that it doesn't actually spend all that money, so its okay. Just ignore the funky numbers.
I know. I pretty much figured it out when I saw I had more than it said I had spent. It would really just be a convenience for me, for the most part, like setting your five minute fast clock back 5 minutes, it isn't completely necessary, but convenient.

randale

Post by randale »

Why does it glitch the game when you move? Is this a problem with razor, the UO client, or server-side? Could it possibly be fixed through a razor update. And, I wonder if re-synching the client will do anything Alt-P

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Hard to say. Razor source is controlled by the RunUO team, so there's nothing we can do. Resynching does not fix it :(
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Return to “New Player Help”