Couple simple questions

Moderator: Support Moderators

DaMorty

Couple simple questions

Post by DaMorty »

Hi I just started playing UO again so I have a few questions about your shard.

I noticed a lot of armor says magical then whatever it is, is there something i need to change to get it to say invulnerable or tell other attributes?

How do i get npc's to train me in certain skill, im used to single clicking them and haveing a list pop up.

I'm wondering if its because im patched to far or to new of a client, but either way thanks for reading over my silly questions!

Pirul

Re: Couple simple questions

Post by Pirul »

DaMorty wrote:Hi I just started playing UO again so I have a few questions about your shard.
Hello and welcome to UOSA!
DaMorty wrote:I noticed a lot of armor says magical then whatever it is, is there something i need to change to get it to say invulnerable or tell other attributes?
Magic items need to be identified for you to know what they are. You can do this by using the item identification skill or a wand of identification.
DaMorty wrote:How do i get npc's to train me in certain skill, im used to single clicking them and haveing a list pop up.
You just walk up to them and say: "<NPC Name> train <skill name>". If you need the list of skills a particular NPC can train you on, you can just call them by their name and say train..
DaMorty wrote:I'm wondering if its because im patched to far or to new of a client, but either way thanks for reading over my silly questions!
Probably neither, just that it's another era than you're remembering.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

DaMorty

Post by DaMorty »

Do people normally wear the items without doing a ID? Just curious cus I havent seen any weapons or armor on people or vendors that said anything but magical "".

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Normally people will ID it before using, unless they are in a pinch and its the only gear available. The thing you're noticing is that when you ID an item, it will only appear IDed to the character who IDed it, it will still show as "a magic <item>" for everyone else.

DaMorty

Post by DaMorty »

Ahh that helps, so is it ever a issue buying items from player vendors that are wrongly labeled?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Yes, you should ALWAYS ID items on player vendor, including spellbooks, as one of the simplest scams around is selling empty spellbooks labeled as full spellbooks. When you use the Item ID skill on them, it will say how many spells the book has. A full spellbook should have 64 spells.

Return to “New Player Help”