Questions about item decay

Moderator: Support Moderators

EVeee
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Questions about item decay

Post by EVeee »

I searched for an answer about how fast items would decay outside of houses and came up with this - viewtopic.php?f=42&t=5879 --- but it's a very old thread, so can anyone tell me if that information is still accurate or not? Also, if item decay on the ground still works by weight, are there any items that violate that rule or does it work the same for everything (300 stones of iiron ore, gold, feathers, bottles, etc are all the same)? Thanks

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Questions about item decay

Post by the bazookas »

I did a test very recently, actually (as I have considered heavy boxes as a possible way to do a player-run "quest" involving some chests that won't decay for a long time somewhere on the ground anywhere in the world).

What I found was that all items have a minimum decay time of 30 minutes, and beyond that, it scales at 1 minute per stone. HOWEVER, for some reason the heaviest items I specifically tested in this regard were 30, 50, and 54 stones, and they ALL decayed simultaneously at over ~ 100 minutes (if I remember correctly). I've also had containers with ~500 stones in them (had them locked down in order to get over 400 stones) last all night long. I imagine beyond 30 stones, it might round up to the next hour or something.

So, I guess the verdict is that beyond 30 stones, the timers may work differently than the 1 minute per stone deal. Would be an interesting thing to test for very heavy chests (100, 200, 400, 600, 1000 stones) if you are interested--it's real easy, just throw something on the ground where nobody will find it, hide your guy, and start a packet video. You have a timer built in to the packet video ;).
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

the bazookas wrote:What I found was that all items have a minimum decay time of 30 minutes, and beyond that, it scales at 1 minute per stone.
When monsters didn't break items in the wild footstools would last 15 minutes.

Also, to the OP, remember that "newbied" items and body parts have an accelerated decay rate, and will last no longer than a couple of minutes either inside or outside a house.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

EVeee
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by EVeee »

It sounds like what I plan on trying (but did not want to directly state :wink:) will work. Thanks for the information, fellas. @the bazookas - I don't need anything to last for a full night or longer so I probably won't test that out. @Pirul - I had read that bit about newbiefied items already but I greatly appreciate you mentioning it.

Return to “New Player Help”