Whispers in the Desert

Post your player run event here.
Forum rules
Please make the topic as descriptive and concise as possible. If your event has not been changed to sticky or announce and you would like it to be, please contact a staff member. Announced events, which show up on our main website Must include the event date in the topic title.
Pro

Whispers in the Desert

Post by Pro »

Reports in of the savage tribe gathering and preparing for some great event. Lord British is offering reward to any brave soul who find out any information on what's going on.

Edit: Incoming reports suggest there's a book hidden in the desert with the information required.
Edit2: Book's still out there. Paying large reward for it.
EDIT3: BOOK FOUND. AZHEMAN WON 5 SILVER.
Last edited by Pro on Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Pro

Re: Whispers in the Desert

Post by Pro »

Anthropologist Arthur Dupre (A distant relation) was in the area, it is suggested you seek him out.

Bull

Post by Bull »

Maybe you will get blackfoot aka dupre to give you 5 mil at the event again in "prizes". Ironic your the guy promoting these events and you just so "happen" to get nearly all of the rewards (which shouldnt of been given out in the first place) from them.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

Bull wrote:Maybe you will get blackfoot aka dupre to give you 5 mil at the event again in "prizes". Ironic your the guy promoting these events and you just so "happen" to get nearly all of the rewards (which shouldnt of been given out in the first place) from them.
I hereby diagnose you with Gluteus Maximus Hurteus.

But in all seriousness, Dupre would almost certainly help any serious role-player to put together an event. However, it is almost certain that such an event would generate rares only as donated by the said player OR possibly as a prize to a participant who excels in the event... There is 0 evidence that Pro was involved in the Demeter event, and I highly doubt that he was (based on the fact that if I had been sharper, I could have gotten those rares before him--I definitely had the opportunity).

It is highly doubtful that such uniques would be associated with a player initiated event, however.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

the bazookas wrote:
Bull wrote:Maybe you will get blackfoot aka dupre to give you 5 mil at the event again in "prizes". Ironic your the guy promoting these events and you just so "happen" to get nearly all of the rewards (which shouldnt of been given out in the first place) from them.
I hereby diagnose you with Gluteus Maximus Hurteus.

But in all seriousness, Dupre would almost certainly help any serious role-player to put together an event. However, it is almost certain that such an event would generate rares only as donated by the said player OR possibly as a prize to a participant who excels in the event... There is 0 evidence that Pro was involved in the Demeter event, and I highly doubt that he was (based on the fact that if I had been sharper, I could have gotten those rares before him--I definitely had the opportunity).

It is highly doubtful that such uniques would be associated with a player initiated event, however.
I second this. I know that Pro donated a very gracious amount. Please don't hate. Why hate?

Don't hate, it's not great.

I'm excited to see what happens here in the desert.

- Jupiter

Soma
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Soma »

Bull complaining about 'seemingly' fraudulent activities? I don't believe it.
Nevermore wrote:Everlynn: I don't have words for you, especially when you came to me to ask for help keeping the thread in accordance with the new trade rules I made when you're pulling some underhanded tactics along side all the stuff that ruins your trade threads.
Also:
the bazookas wrote:I hereby diagnose you with Gluteus Maximus Hurteus.
lol.
Please choose a more appropriate signature.

Pro

Post by Pro »

It's sad that you're this commited to currency in a wizard game that you follow me post to post and mention it. I'd suggest you get your priorities in order. I pay for every event I help run and always have take your accusations elsewhere.

Pro

Post by Pro »

BUMP

azheman
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by azheman »

Arthur Dupre is in love with Rose, and Rose is a girl.

Also, the Blood God is coming....

I have warned you all.

Zyler
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zyler »

I heard several rumors of a book in the dessert and of the Blood God. After a reveled evening at The Shattered Skull, I set out to Compassion.

There I found many savages protecting a cave of much importance to them. During my exploration I encountered a tribesman. He was of the Iduali clan. A fierce warrior laden in armor of bone. I attempted to garner any information on this book and Blood God. My earlier boistorations at the Skull made this interaction more difficult. I was practically talkling to the lizards in the dessert let alone the mounted warrior.

The language the Iduali garnered to ear is similar to Orcish, yet much more complicated in dialect. The warrior was not of primative mind and in fact, he thought I was a simpleton. He spoke of not a Blood God rather thier leader returning. After much failed interaction, likely from my clouded mind, we went to the cave where thier leader is expected to return I presume. Inside, there were two ankhs dripping with fresh blood. I could smell it like when near a blakcksmith crafting.

However, it was a trap! I was cornered by frenzied beasts and died. The warriror who I had thought I made a bond with aided me not.

The Iduali call humans Nefij. I am uncertain of what name they use for elves and others of the realm.

Use caution when in the area however these tribal people dont appear to be savages as some describe. Rather... warriors of great repute. My fear is that they may be awaiting a leader of conquest.

Zyler
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Zyler »

After many days in the afterlife, I returned to to cave. There I found life again. I was given life by those who tired of being killed by the Idulai. But... they were killing them for heads of deer. While kind to bring me to the living, thier intentions were to infiltrate. I thought this notion ludicious and said nothing about thier ridiculousness.

Making my way home to the coastal jungle, I sent a message by raven to the Nefij with with the aquired book but received no reponse. The bearer may have met his end.

Returning to the cave, I encountered many more savages bent on taking my life even though I sought peace and understanding. The alter of blood remained however no sign of the mounted warrior. I fought foot soliders of the tribe but strong none the less.

As I exited the cave and experienced another onslaught, in the hazy distance I saw a mounted Iduali. I could not persue given my condition.

A scout?

After disposing the lot I sought the scout.

In my search I found what may be thier gathering place. Peering through the windows I saw a savage sacrificed and scattered bones of Nefij, what they call humans. Im not certain what to make of this. The book may provide more knowledge of this disturbance and am hesitate to bequest Lord British's advice given the last meeting when I stood in his halls. I shall seek the King's counsel none the less.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Dont forget Arluna also scammed someone irl for UOSA pixels (promised to send a computer for Kylock's accounts.) The nerve of that douchebag is hilarious.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

UsualSuspect

Post by UsualSuspect »

More complaints over cool rewards from events. How about we just wipe the server? Would that be better for you? The whole automated event system that used to be in place with trophy rewards is what's whack. anyone who starts playing now has nearly no chance to get cool rares. So in my opinion, events with cool and unique rewards are awesome.

Populus

Post by Populus »

UsualSuspect wrote:More complaints over cool rewards from events. How about we just wipe the server? Would that be better for you? The whole automated event system that used to be in place with trophy rewards is what's whack. anyone who starts playing now has nearly no chance to get cool rares. So in my opinion, events with cool and unique rewards are awesome.
Serverwipe? Sure, most people wouldn't mind, except those who play only to hoard.
ImageImageImage
[cA]

Interstate

Post by Interstate »

My friend MeKLiN got a trophy from the savage shaman, two were dropped he said. It reads:

The savages sacrifice 07/07/12

Return to “Player Run Events”