impassable object to bump your Z axis?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
jimm1432

impassable object to bump your Z axis?

Post by jimm1432 »

I was in serpants hold today trying to get inside the bank wall to mark a safe recall spot. Now the old trick to bump yourself up or down (depending whats above/below you) you would get a table, stand on the spot where you want to bump up or down, then hold said table on cursor and close client without dropping it.

you relog and since you cant stand on tables(what drops when close client) it bumps you......

doing this today i found it just placed me on top of the table? this should only happen when there no where else for you to bump to, i tryed multiple spot and with multiple tables and they just stacked with me on top....

now looking at the wiki, it says it has been implemented. the only reference with it is this thread.. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18721&start=15

has it been implmented or not? how are you guys getting the rares that need bumping that you cant use teleport to do? and getting to rare locations?

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: impassable object to bump your Z axis?

Post by Kaivan »

This might relate to the fact that tables are treated as surfaces, and the server is looking to bump you up to the first available surface that it can find. We still haven't been able to determine whether tables were still considered surfaces yet, but it's something that we should look into if at all possible. For the moment, if you want to try and bump yourself up to an unusual location, try using something like a wooden box which doesn't have a surface on which to stand.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

jimm1432 wrote:I was in serpants hold today trying to get inside the bank wall to mark a safe recall spot. Now the old trick to bump yourself up or down (depending whats above/below you) you would get a table, stand on the spot where you want to bump up or down, then hold said table on cursor and close client without dropping it.

you relog and since you cant stand on tables(what drops when close client) it bumps you......

doing this today i found it just placed me on top of the table? this should only happen when there no where else for you to bump to, i tryed multiple spot and with multiple tables and they just stacked with me on top....

now looking at the wiki, it says it has been implemented. the only reference with it is this thread.. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18721&start=15

has it been implmented or not? how are you guys getting the rares that need bumping that you cant use teleport to do? and getting to rare locations?
PM me and i'll tell you the workaround to get into ALL of those spots. I'm Lightshade on IRC, also.
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Why not just post it?

I thought you could bump up, but not down. But i've also wondered how to get into Serps wall. Also, I've tried the box trick to get down into Serps wall and it didnt work.

Explain.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.