getting strange lag.

el duderino

getting strange lag.

Post by el duderino »

i figured out the whole net framework error i was having but now i'm back to where i was that made me wanna reinstall razor to begin with.

i get strange lag that isn't internet lag when i alt tab to go full screen on any instance instance of uo. my mouse seems to jump around and stop sometimes when i don't want it to. this doesn't happen to me in any other program or game windows.

does anyone know of settings that can cause this strange graphics lag?

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: getting strange lag.

Post by Rammar »

Is Razor -> General -> Use smart cpu usage reduction UNchecked as it should be?

Only thing I can think of off-hand.

the bazookas
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by the bazookas »

On my Windows 7 computer, if I Alt-Enter (go full screen) it actually freezes the whole program. However, if UO is freezing when you are Alt-Tabbing between programs, then the way to fix that is to turn off the Aero theme (windows 7 by default has a desktop theme called "Aero" that gives titlebars a transparent effect). That fixed the issue for me.

To do this--right click your Desktop background anywhere->Personalize. Scroll down to see "Basic and High Contrast Themes". I do Windows Classic b/c I'm old school, but I think Windows 7 Basic works too.
Most people like us, or at least they like what we do. Regardless, we appreciate all our victims, and we hope that their encounter with us is a memorable one.
-a machine gun, a bazooka, and a grenade
... a not-for-profit organization (usually)

el duderino

Post by el duderino »

Thank you for the replies. It turns out I didn't have what Rammar specified unchecked. Time to chop some trees!!