GM TAMING FAST!!!!

Moderator: Support Moderators

Batterdhart

GM TAMING FAST!!!!

Post by Batterdhart »

I will break this down quite nicely, so that anyone can GM Taming quickly.

Character Creation
Taming 50
Magic Resist 49
Magery 1

10 Str
10 Dex
Rest in INT

Take the 100g you start with and buy a Herding Crook from Stable Master
Macro Herding on the animals in the stable

Use Crook
Target Closest Grey
Target Self
Pause 5 seconds
LOOP!

This takes your Str to 100 from 10 in 5 to 6 hours, and raises herding to 94 to 95. Don't worry about this skill, youll drop it later, but it is useful while building character. When taming bulls and bears, you can herd them to you so they dont move around. Buy Lore at stable master: XXXXX train me Lore

Now, tame any animal. Bird, bear, dog, cat,....whatever. And now feed it, whatever you tame will eat different things.

Now Animal Lore it from 0 to 25, switch animals, 25.1 to 50, switch animals, 50.1 to 80, switch animals, 80.1 to GM. Now I've GMed Animal Lore on 3 different Characters this way and have GMed it Macroing in 30 hours. (thats only 3 nights of sleeping while it works)

TAMING GAINS ARE EFFECTED BY AMOUNT OF ANIMAL LORE!
If you have GM Lore, you will gain faster than someone who doesn't. PERIOD.
*For all the people who are about to argue this, I sat side by side with someone and watched them without GM Lore and they were amazed at my gains with GM Lore, it makes a difference, but I don't know why.*

Now, Taming, 50 Taming puts you on Dagger Isle. Don't carry much cause there is a house of PKers on the northside of the isle (killed 10 times between 8/1/2012 and 8/3/2012). About 3 casts worth of recall or 3 recall scrolls is all you need. Snow Panthers, Polar Bears, Walrus, everything you see, tame it, no kidding. Even the bird that is too easy, tame it, I'm serious.

Macro:
Use Animal Taming
Target Closest Grey (TIME OUT 1 SEC)
Pause 13 Seconds
LOOP!

Don't be in a hurry to leave Dagger Isle. Stay there, log out there, eat there, sleep there, watch TV there. Send your tames against the orcs or take them into Deceit. I was there 8 hours, you stay there until you can hit 71.1 Taming. If you get bored, go tame Great Harts on Moonglow. Other than that, stay in Dagger Isle.

At 71.1, Bulls. Where ever you want is fine but t2a Del Pass is best entrance to walk into to get into the Bull Arena. Tame there until 77.1. Then head away from Bulls and find Giant Toads.

Giant Toad will take you to 85 - 90 (depending on when you get tired of succeeding without gains).

After that, it is all on you. Bulls will take you to 93.9, so will imps, giant toads, hell hounds, etc.
( http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Animal_Taming can give you some info about what you can tame where and when)

At 93.9, its time to be a big boy and tame dragons. Period. If you aint making a tamer so that you can tame dragons, you wasting time. You will die a lot until you get the hang of it. After that, take em to GM, unless you like Hell Hounds.

So, remember this, Herd, Lore, Tame. In that order. As far as magery gains and such, thats for another thread.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: GM TAMING FAST!!!!

Post by nightshark »

Batterdhart wrote:Now, tame any animal. Bird, bear, dog, cat,....whatever. And now feed it, whatever you tame will eat different things.

Now Animal Lore it from 0 to 25, switch animals, 25.1 to 50, switch animals, 50.1 to 80, switch animals, 80.1 to GM. Now I've GMed Animal Lore on 3 different Characters this way and have GMed it Macroing in 30 hours. (thats only 3 nights of sleeping while it works)

TAMING GAINS ARE EFFECTED BY AMOUNT OF ANIMAL LORE!
If you have GM Lore, you will gain faster than someone who doesn't. PERIOD.
No they aren't, and you also don't need to switch animals while gaining lore.

You also don't need a 5 second wait time on using herding.

Taming dragons is a terrible waste of time if you are trying to raise taming. Getting a "you will anger the beast" message 19/20 times before being able to even attempt to tame one, makes these a big waste of time.

Sorry but this guide is really fail. There are good taming guides already.
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Batterdhart

Post by Batterdhart »

So I've gone from 50 taming to 80 taming in 13 hours with GM Lore, meanwhile a buddy of mine, without GM Lore, has gone from 50 to 67 in the same amount of time, with 50 lore. We are doing the same tactics as far as taming, just slightly different areas so that we dont run over each other, and you think LORE has nothing to do with this?

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Lore does not affect your chance to fail or succeed in taming, only in loyalty check commands.

So yes, I think your lore skill has nothing to do with it.

It's like claiming having higher eval gives you a better chance for magery gains.

If you only have 80 skill in taming why are you giving people advice on what to do from 80-GM?
<green> grats pink and co. .... the 3 of you f---ing scrubs together can blow up a bard. IMPRESSIVE

Batterdhart

Post by Batterdhart »

Good question, why would I offer knowledge if I am only at 80 Taming on this character I am currently working on.

Answer:
Tamer Mage on Atlantic
Tamer Bard on Atlantic

Tamer Mage on Napa Valley
Tamer Bard on Napa Valley

Tamer Mage on Siege Perilous
Tamer Bard on Siege Perilous

My Tamer Mages were
GM Mage, Med, Eval, Tame, Lore, Vet, Resist

My Tamer Bards were
GM Mage, Eval, Tame, Lore, Music, Provoke, Resist

So I GMed Taming 6 times on OSI servers. I'd say that gives me enough experience to speak here. Now we weren't allowed to Macro over there, as I am sure you remember, but I am gaining 10 times faster on this server than I did over there. The only difference, I GMed Lore here first. So tell me, what am I missing? Does this server intend to have higher skill gains on purpose or was it GM Lore, please let me know, cause at this point, I assume it is the Lore.

Batterdhart

Post by Batterdhart »

Let me add this, to have a dragon transfer to you from another player, you had to have 80 taming and 80 lore. If you had 80 taming and 50 lore, it would not go to you. So if lore doesnt matter..... why did OSI require it to be 80 before you could own a dragon. Also, why have it if it does nothing but tell you how happy your pet is? Just feed the thing every 5 minutes and not worry about it.

nightshark
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by nightshark »

Because lore is part of the loyalty check algorithm. To control or have a dragon transferred, that check needs to be successful. To tame an animal, on the other hand, does not make a loyalty check.
T2A Wiki - Animal Lore wrote:Animal Lore has three functions.

The first purpose is that it acts like Anatomy in respect to Healing, so that with 60 Animal Lore and 60 Veterinary you can cure your pet from poisons. However 80/80 in both skills will not allow you to resurrect your pet.

The second purpose for this skill is to enhance Animal Taming in that the pet orneriness check is made by comparing the creatures "tameable at" level to 80% of the masters Tame skill plus 20% of the masters Lore skill.

The third purpose is for checking your pet's status. As time goes on, your pet will require an upkeep of food, it's happiness decays overtime and can only be replenished by feeding it. See below for details.

Batterdhart

Post by Batterdhart »

Well then its luck on my part then that I am gaining a lot faster than he. Went from 80 to 88.7 taming giant toads in t2a in 4 hours.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Night shark caught most of it. Though "you will anger..." doesn't slow you down much as you can mash your macro and get multiple attempts per second. Moving this to new player forum

Return to “New Player Help”