pets

Moderator: Support Moderators

Venitas

pets

Post by Venitas »

Hi guys

Can you please tell my how it is getting on with pets/mounts which are getting fatigued? Do we have to feed them to stop it or what?

Thanks for the answer

mrbojangles
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: pets

Post by mrbojangles »

Dismounting and saying "all follow me" will refresh your mount's stamina
Omar Little(irc) / Mr Bojangles / Bowie / Snake Plisken / Martin Van Buren / Dirty Ore

Visit the The Yew Gate Shop for everything you need.

WiseOne

Post by WiseOne »

mrbojangles wrote:Dismounting and saying "all follow me" will refresh your mount's stamina
Also, once the mount is in 'follow mode' you no longer need to say all follow me, simply hopping off and back on the mount will do the trick.
♥ Baaaaaaaaaaam ♠

Wulver

Post by Wulver »

I have tried this and they still run out of stamina, I don't think it is instantly gained.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

(1) unmount
(2) say "all follow me" (make sure you spell it correctly)
(3) remount
(4) run for one minute and repeat from (1)

Actually, WiseOne is right. If you've already told him "all follow me", then you only need to hop off and hop back on. Of course, if you have 0 (or low) taming, this only works for horses, llamas and regular ostards. If you're mounted on a nightmare or Frenzied Ostard, you got a whole different procedure then.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Harris

Post by Harris »

According to how technical you want to get with it, you can even make a macro to run with a hot key in case you are getting chased...or doing the chasing.
Here is what mine looks like:

For ( 1 to 2)
Exec: Dismount
Pause .15sec
Say: All follow me.
Pause .20sec
Double Click (Target your horse or llama beforehand, and change to target by type or whatever the option was.)
End For

Total time: .7secs

OK, if you want a cleaner looking script you can do this:
Pause .29sec
Pause .45sec
Double Click (once again, target the critter you're riding.)

Total time: .74secs

I messed around with the second one and it's as fast as I can get it, but it still hangs up about every third try. The top one above runs through twice, but it does not hang up.
Do not loop these.
I tried both of them in War Mode to make sure you weren't attacking your horse and it did not.

These can be handy if you're ever in a high-speed chase.

Etras
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Etras »

Harris wrote:According to how technical you want to get with it, you can even make a macro to run with a hot key in case you are getting chased...or doing the chasing.
Here is what mine looks like:

For ( 1 to 2)
Pause .15sec
Pause .20sec
Double Click (Target your horse or llama beforehand, and change to target by type or whatever the option was.)
End For

Total time: .7secs

OK, if you want a cleaner looking script you can do this:
Pause .29sec
Pause .45sec
Double Click (once again, target the critter you're riding.)

Total time: .74secs

I messed around with the second one and it's as fast as I can get it, but it still hangs up about every third try. The top one above runs through twice, but it does not hang up.
Do not loop these.
I tried both of them in War Mode to make sure you weren't attacking your horse and it did not.

These can be handy if you're ever in a high-speed chase.
Could you add in a target nearest gray or blue for the horse?

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I would not risk it.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Harris

Post by Harris »

I would not target nearest gray or blue because with my luck it will go after a goat or cat or something. You could def try it, though. Never know...a tenth of a second shaved off the macro time could make the difference life and death!

Etras
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Etras »

I will try to build some logic that will have you start with the macro targeting the horse, then using previous target till you tell the macro to stop. It would only be useful for running, however.

Harris

Post by Harris »

That could work out with an "if sysmessage" but I think you are going to end up running off on foot from your horse and getting the dreaded "That is too far away!" message. For me a simple hot key has been fine. That way you see that your horse or whatever is fatigued, you can stop running, hit the hot key, wait less than a second, then take off again.

In my experience with a looping macro like the one you mention, if you aren't paying super close attention the character runs too far away to remount. lol, being caught on foot with a couple of baddies hot on your heels is a rough spot to be in...
With that being said, I just edit the macro with the retarget option for each new critter I'm riding.

Etras
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Etras »

yeah, I ran into that exact issue last night, and there has to be pauses, otherwise the loop gets stuck... it was worth a shot. :)

Return to “New Player Help”