Killed in the center of my small?

Topics related to Second Age
Teh LawL Firm

Re: Killed in the center of my small?

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

I'm liking era accurate less & less
The formation of a hater's contempt commonly arises from jealously and/or resentment.

tekai
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by tekai »

Comon now lawl firm, its era accurate for everyone to stop playing and leave UO after 3-4 years, its just like EA!

Ultimate Accuracy demands it
[broken image]

Oggog

Post by Oggog »

If I can no longer macro in a small house I may have to call the much derided whaambulance myself.

Paradox
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Paradox »

It's era accurate the way it's done thus forth IMO anyone caught doing this should be banned for exploiting. This is a direct result of a bug in the LOS coding and Summoning in houses.
Thebreadman: i once failed to kill myself... that was until i realised i was already dead

Teh LawL Firm

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

Even though summoning daemons in a house is era accurate they will fix that before changing the LOS trick, which either way will be contradicting. I'm sure there will be a legit explanation for it tho. ;) If it's not changed then no place is safe to macro on this server which may drive new players away. As stated tho, It's not about the player base its about Era Accuracy...

I'm going to put this out there rather people on the forums or staff agrees or not, But with a new server emerging and a lot of people from uosa leaving to go there, giving them another reason like this wouldn't be smart for the population. I checked out the new server which I'm not going to name or link but there seems to be alot of people starting over there from here & one of the main reasons is the LOS trick.. Put your pride aside & Era accuracy and enforce a rule to make it bannable or jail time to do this. You can keep the mechanics on this server and keep it era accurate while enforcing a rule that keeps people from abusing it which I believe would have been fixed or punishable during the t2a era on osi if people actually figured out how to do this during that time frame. Although there may be other ways to do the LOS thing razor made it easily discoverable which razor did not exist on osi in t2a timelines. The daemon thing is a new bug but that just shows that the wall mechanics on houses, dungeons etc are messed up and should be looked at. You shouldn't be able to cast an ev, daemon or anything threw a wall, that's what walls are therefore to block stuff!

That said, this isn't a post to start an argument and is just an opinion. If someone has a reasonable argument to this please feel free to express your own opinion on the matter.
The formation of a hater's contempt commonly arises from jealously and/or resentment.

Causa Mortis

Post by Causa Mortis »

You see: Zoray (summoned) <---- deamon
Tenken's Stats: [96%] <---- scumbag
Meatloaf's Stats: [16%]
Tenken is attacking you!

Tenken if your gona kill someone in a house, at least do it after they try to run away from you into it. And teach your healers to follow you in.
Attachments
tenken.jpg
tenken.jpg (131.82 KiB) Viewed 6688 times
IRC = Tater
[url=irc://irc.wildirc.net:6667/new]#new[/url] <--- new player assistance IRC channel

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

This isn't supposed to be possible, and I've got full details on how it works, thanks to the help of kevin-theidocghost. I'll be contacting Derrick ASAP to have him correct this problem.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Gregor De Gar

Post by Gregor De Gar »

What I don't get is how this "era accuracy" shit keeps coming up. Shouldn't this stuff have all been figured out prior to launch?

Causa Mortis

Post by Causa Mortis »

Might as well leave it. It's no more ridiculous then leaving in the LOS through walls. I thought we were trying to cater to the griefers.
IRC = Tater
[url=irc://irc.wildirc.net:6667/new]#new[/url] <--- new player assistance IRC channel

mxmx23

Post by mxmx23 »

Causa Mortis wrote:Might as well leave it. Honestly the only people left playing are neckbeard greifers anyway.
For real, there's only like 500-600 players online at a time. I have more people than that in my quilting circle.

Causa Mortis

Post by Causa Mortis »

mxmx23 wrote:
Causa Mortis wrote:Might as well leave it. Honestly the only people left playing are neckbeard greifers anyway.
For real, there's only like 500-600 players online at a time. I have more people than that in my quilting circle.
I wrote that angry, some people shave
IRC = Tater

The Gov

Post by The Gov »

Paradox wrote:It's era accurate the way it's done thus forth IMO anyone caught doing this should be banned for exploiting. This is a direct result of a bug in the LOS coding and Summoning in houses.
Was your guild doing it i died last night in my patio while sleeping to I AM ERROR after fighting them for a half hour outside my house 4 of you vs 2 of us -was in the center tile of the corner room usually safe really awesome i must say
Occlo Bank Mall viewtopic.php?f=33&t=40625
Yew Bank Mall viewtopic.php?f=33&t=39034
faber wrote:oh here we go. go easy on him gov.

Teh LawL Firm

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

mxmx23 wrote:
Cut that in hallf and that's about the average, remember most people multi-client for macroing in their safe small houses (we'll not to many anymore) and ghosting idocs/Pk hot spots. So there's probably about 200 to 300.

Xandorf

Post by Xandorf »

Arsen wrote:u prolly desynched and were not stying in the center tile for real
This is what I'm guessing. I Have yet to be killed in a small and I've had pks outside trying their hardest to get me to no avail.

Edit: Yea thanks lawl, what I get for reading the first post then replying... heh
Last edited by Xandorf on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swill Bag wrote:no pics, it didnt happen. i know how you roll you prolly cheated with dp vanq weapons
OZZY'S & Old Navy's PvP Supply Shop
Company of the Vigilant C^V

Teh LawL Firm

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

Xandorf wrote:
Arsen wrote:u prolly desynched and were not stying in the center tile for real
This is what I'm guessing. I Have yet to be killed in a small and I've had pks outside trying their hardest to get me to no avail.

They both admitted to him being in the center, I seen the video of how he did it. He summons a daemon in the house wall from outside and it can cast anywhere in the house. Not alot of people know about it or we'll knew about it till now so that's probably why you didn't get killed.