T-Hunter build help!

Moderator: Support Moderators

Scorpz

T-Hunter build help!

Post by Scorpz »

Hey all, I've recently decided to make my mage/bard into a T-Hunter.

My skills are currently:

Music - 100.0
LockPicking - 95.0
Hiding - 93.1
Wrestling - 92.8
Provocation - 92.1
Magery - 84.4
Meditation - 83.0
Carto - 35.4

I've decided to keep the following and get them to GM:

Music
Lockpick
Provoke
Magery
Meditation
Carto

My question is, what would be better to have as my 7th skill, Hiding or Wrestling?

I do love having hiding, comes in handy when I'm out provoking and found it great when out doing t-maps with guildies. However Wrestle would be great for when I am out provoking and some PK's appear (I'll still be farming on this char so I can get my own tmaps to do rather than buy them). I really am torn between the 2, which would you suggest? Or would you suggest something completely different for the last skill? (detect hidden, mining, resist, eval int, maybe peacemaking for the initial chest spawns?).

Thanks in advance for any help/info you care to provide :)
Last edited by Scorpz on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pirul

Re: T-Hunter build help!

Post by Pirul »

For a t-mapper, I recomend Hiding.

You might find some tips and tricks in this guide.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Scorpz

Post by Scorpz »

I have just hit 95 lockpicking now! So time to try and find some dungeon chest runebooks for sale cheaply.

Thanks for the advice and link Pirul, funny enough I just came across that guide and was having a good read of it :)

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

:)

If you need a good lockpicking book to copy of, you can use the one we have on display at the keep SW of Vesper's Inn. That one's pretty accurate with all the old lands spots.

Scorpz

Post by Scorpz »

That's great, thanks!

Is it just the one runebook? So I know how many to bring and how many runes :)

Also, any tips for lp'ing dungeon chests?

Daemonne

Post by Daemonne »

On my T-Hunter, I have my Carto to 80 (will GM it AFTER i GM LP) my med is around 70, provo 97+, no wrestling, GM hiding etc etc... the points I have yet still to level up I dumped into Stealth. I currently have 71.8 stealth. I have max points used and stealth turned down to allow points to dump[ into my LP and Magery as I go.
With my 80+ magery I open gates to the lvl 4 Dungeon LP chests, hide, enter portal, wait a few seconds and stealth.
If you are right on the chest with portal, stealth will give you that non aggroing step back to open the chest once you pick it.
If your portal is a little bit away, you have 7 steps to get to it safely.
I will dump stealth once my LP is GMed
My magery gains from 80+ just by Gating everywhere. I get the same amount of fizzles as I would casting Flame, but the gates are useful, and I recoup the regs in gold from the chests.
Yes, it is easy enough to just provo the mobs then hit your chest, but in places that have mutliple red mages I just find stealthing easier with less risk of the 3 and 4 mob attacking me after a provo.

Edit: being hidden when you enter saves the risk of recalling in, then not being able to hide due to aggro, and you just have to click your gate if Reds happen to be inhabiting your spot.
Last edited by Daemonne on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

I think you can fit all locations in one runebook (old lands and new).

Tips: what I did was gate in, hide, stealth to the chest, pick it, stealth one step back, pop the trap (if you're 1 tile away from DUNGEON CHESTS they will not do any damage to you), open them, loot, emtpy it so it respawns faster, and recall out.

If you don't have stealth, you can gate in, cast invis while on the other side, rush in towards the chest, and target invis on yourself when you're next to the chest, pick it, take one step back and hide immediately, pop the trap, etc....

Scorpz

Post by Scorpz »

Awesome, thats some great advice. I've just finished copying the runebook, was a red pk at one of the spots though so I'll have to go back there later to mark that spot lol.

Daemonne

Post by Daemonne »

PKs will mostly be found at the chest in Hytloth because they grief the tamers in the hellhound room and in the White Wyrm cavern as they like to grief the farmers there. Occasionally I'll see one on the Shame island. Oh also at the chest at the bottom of covetous? Due to the dragons.
The rest of the spots you are mainly just contending with other pickers.

Return to “New Player Help”