Which era was the best for you.

Topics related to Second Age
teh404error

Which era was the best for you.

Post by teh404error »

My favorite time on ultima was around 2000-2001 Factions had just been implemented and we were all running about. Our guild was 5-6 guys and guilds still stayed strong together inside the factions yet. It was a late night about 2:00 am mind you I was 10 at the time and my father looks over (who was also playing) and says you are staying home from school to help me guard this sigils. We the ShadowLords had just stolen every sigil from the TB and CoM. Around 4 in the morning roughly 30 CoM and 20 Tb stormed the base of 40 Shadow Lords. Our defeat looked inevitable the fight raged on for over and hour. At the time everyone was into ICQ and I was sending out mass messages trying to get more Shadow Lords on eventually 20+ Shadow Lords arrived we wiped out every last orange. I still too this day have not had nearly as much fun as I did that night anyone can say what they want the second age is great but not all was bad after it. Btw this took place on legends which at the time was called AOL Legends and we had my uncle log on our account once a month to gain access to the Legends server becaused at the time it was for AOL subscribers only.

PhAt AbBotT
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Re: Which era was the best for you.

Post by PhAt AbBotT »

UO:R - was my favourite time in UO. It opened up loads of different templates for PvP and general variety in the game. There was nothing cooler than carrying out a faction assault - Storming Lord British's castle with 40 comrades was absolutely epic. Also, being able to use magic in town. It was fun to grab some buddies and take over a town.

5x mage duels - PvP was a lot more skill based and wasn't about waiting for that big high damage hally hit and letting off a combo.

Small Towers...

Tailoring was actually a useful skill to have! Mages got to wear armour.

Honestly, I'm not a massive fan of the 2nd Age Era. I guess it's a testament to how well this shard is run and maintained that I would rather play here than anywhere else though! If you want to convert the server to UO:R though Derrick, I would fully support your decision.
When buying from me, always look for the guild tag [UHH] above my name.

Click here to view my previous house sales!

Teh LawL Firm

Post by Teh LawL Firm »

UO:R For sure, It fixed alot of problems t2a had and Had factions, Also any era that had the Glacial staff in my book was win. Other reasons I liked UO:R

No invis/reflect/teleport Jewlery
Weapons had special abilities ParaBlow/Concussion
Mages were actually a worth playing as a temp because they could wear armor + if you had inscribe it gave you the edge with the inscribe bonus.
The formation of a hater's contempt commonly arises from jealously and/or resentment.

bushman

Post by bushman »

second age. it doesnt have all the bullshit additions of later expansions

GuardianKnight
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by GuardianKnight »

The beginning of UOR was the best era the game had.

T2A was and still is a big crappy beta test. Nothing works right in this era. Character balance? PFFT we don't need that, it's T2A!
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me, and it'll happen to you, too." Grandpa Simpson

Malaikat

Post by Malaikat »

I'm going old school...I enjoyed the game most before the noto patch. I'd gm archery in 15 mins using passive skill gain and an exploit in ev damage vs low int chars. Then use my 50 stealing as a provocation tool. People attack and I just throw a bow on and commence with the killing.

Also stealing houses was hilarious and awesome. Much easier pre home ownership/lockdowns. 50 stealing was more than enough to gank a key or even better just set off a chain reaction of purple pots. Stack them up under someone's porch until they show up, then let one fly and they all go off at once. Free house!
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

Nightchill

Post by Nightchill »

Whereas there were things from every Era that I did enjoy....I'd say its a close race between UO:T2A and UO:R. I would pick UO:R hands down if there had never been a Trammel with it.

Matty
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Matty »

"you deliver a crushing blow"

qstaff dexmoney = glory days for me.

PhAt AbBotT
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by PhAt AbBotT »

Matty wrote:"you deliver a crushing blow"

qstaff dexmoney = glory days for me.
Lol, Mace Rape FTW.
I seem to remember a dexer with 20 bandages and a Long Spear was quite a potent combination, if a few luck para blows were struck :-).
When buying from me, always look for the guild tag [UHH] above my name.

Click here to view my previous house sales!

teh404error

Post by teh404error »

I agree with just about everyone but UO:R without trammel would be amazing.

eggmona

Post by eggmona »

Small Towers...
yes! these were great

I played during Renaissance, and it was definitely a ton of fun for me. PVP also seemed incredibly active, any time you went to fellucia it was a madhouse and the factions were awesome. Good times. I don't miss trammel, but I definitely would say that era was extremely fun- and was probably the last good one :)

would love to see archery be viable too

Aanallein

Post by Aanallein »

Parry got a big boost in PVM in that era too. Dexers were pretty amazing.

theuodealer

Post by theuodealer »

Without Trammel or some Trammel alternative, some things in UO:R don't make sense. Trammel was made to give people, especially new ones, a safe place to farm monsters and resources away from the overwhelming amount of PKs. OSI knew it was a problem, players knew it was a problem, even some PKs knew it was a problem although they enjoyed it. They didn't have to worry about things like subscribers and profit though. It's bad enough that to not do anything would have been virtual suicide and a colossal f-u to all new players. But to do nothing AND make monsters 5x harder AND add special melee hits in? That would have been doing the exact opposite of what they needed and people wanted - a.k.a insane. If you played during Ren, you farmed in Trammel. There was a reason for that.
A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. ~Muhammad Ali

Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors - try to be better than yourself. ~William Faulkner

teh404error

Post by teh404error »

theuodealer wrote:Without Trammel or some Trammel alternative, some things in UO:R don't make sense. Trammel was made to give people, especially new ones, a safe place to farm monsters and resources away from the overwhelming amount of PKs. OSI knew it was a problem, players knew it was a problem, even some PKs knew it was a problem although they enjoyed it. They didn't have to worry about things like subscribers and profit though. It's bad enough that to not do anything would have been virtual suicide and a colossal f-u to all new players. But to do nothing AND make monsters 5x harder AND add special melee hits in? That would have been doing the exact opposite of what they needed and people wanted - a.k.a insane. If you played during Ren, you farmed in Trammel. There was a reason for that.
Actually, I farmed fel for the fact is was empty. Nothing better then farming blood elms in shame with a tamer with no other people around. Trammel was covered with people it was hard to farm. Often time you found your self competing just to grab the loot. I suppose if you only carried about getting 1/4 of gold and 1/3 of the items you would have camped trammel but I liked having all my items.

Light Shade
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Light Shade »

theuodealer wrote:If you played during Ren, you farmed in Trammel. There was a reason for that.
Yep. You have 2 paths to the same goal and it made zero sense to take the path that was frought with peril and possible setbacks.

It was simple logic to take the easier path and that alone was enough to make Felucca a ghost town.

Trammel never should have been put on every server. They should have opened up Trammel Servers and seen how it played out at the very least.

The introduction to Trammel on all servers just created a sharp divide in the playerbase and scattered Player-Run Establishments to the winds. It was, in my mind, the single worst decision ever made by the Dev's of OSI. It never should have been put on the same servers as ones with the Feluccan Ruleset.

It destroyed the very heart of Ultima Online. People no longer had any real incentive to band together and protect one another. This lead to the degradation of guilds and communities. It basically ripped the "world" out of UO and just made it a game like any other out there....
[20:08] <@Kaivan> We have a ridable Maahes in Green Acres.
[10:00] <TheBreadman> leeds did a takeover on secondage
[10:00] <@Derrick> hax

Tom: Get bad bro