This template good?

Topics related to Second Age
Sanguine

This template good?

Post by Sanguine »

On my bard I was thinking of having lockpicking... people say you can make decent money doing that, not sure how I've never worked with lockpicking in UO before.. not even sure how it works, you just pick random dungeon chests?
Anyway assuming it's worth it, would this be a good template?
Mage
Meditation
Resist
Music
Provoke
Hiding
Lockpicking

This template I would use for making money only... I can provoke/EV for mobs and I have hiding to sit back and watch them die and as an escape against PKs.... Then I could also be lockpicking any chests around Mobs. Thanks for any input at all.

Feel free to comment on this template as well, which would be my pvp for fun template:

Magery
Meditation
Eval
Resist
Wrestle
Snoop
Steal

From what I read the simple mage-thief isnt SUPER common on this shard, so I was wondering if its viable or why it might not be?

Again any imput greatly appreciated, loving the shard so far! :D
Also-how do you gain eval? Just by using it?>

TwisT

Re: This template good?

Post by TwisT »

my bard/t-hunter is

mage
provoke
music
lockpicking
detect, until i finally gm lock
carto
med

he's worthless in any sort of pvp, but for bard and t-hunting it gets job done. once lp is gm i'll drop detect for resist or hiding prob.
you'd need carto for lping to really make $.. you could just pick dungeon chests but that's hardly worth it. imo

Sanguine

Post by Sanguine »

So lockpicking is just specifically for treasure hunters?
whats cartography do?

iamreallysquall

Post by iamreallysquall »

the eval thief mage template i have and its fun buts not for everyone but i would say its most favorite to bully people with. as far as a bard goes id go mage med eval resist wrestling music provoke hide is a waste of 100 points when you can just invis and last it 2 minutes or you can toggle invis items which are really cheap per charge. carto allows you to dig up tmaps you need 95 lockpick + 60 detect hide and carto to do level 5's you can drop the 60 detect once you gm lockpicking which last 5.0 you have to do lvl 4 dungeon chest to get i use an alt stealth for digging tmaps / lock picking dungeons and house break ins
<mistercherry> i bet ide beat yer asss in scrabble
<Atraxi> as soon as i find the noobs i stole from
<Jamison> lelouche your taunts will be your downfall