Magic Item Stacking and Wand Delays

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Hernando_Kortez

Magic Item Stacking and Wand Delays

Post by Hernando_Kortez »

When I used stat modifying items in UO:R they would stack. This I know from my own personal experience. Many may also remember hearing of full bless suits and the cunning/glacial staff insta kill trick.

Also wands here have a short cast delay. When I first used wands they had no delay whatsoever, you could cast on the move with no slowdown and basically spam spells as fast as you could press the macro/last target key.

These are memories of UO:R but these are also items which existed in T2A and had not been changed between T2A and UO:R. Therefore it would be safe to assume they worked the same way all along.

In the interests of accuracy it would be nice to see these items corrected. Anyone else remember the correct mechanics behind the workings of these items?

Faust

Re: Magic Item Stacking and Wand Delays

Post by Faust »

All action delays were 0.5 seconds. Action delays ranged from many sort of different features. Some examples of action delays is double clicking items such as tools, dye tubs, containers, etc... The same action delay existed with wands. I'm not positive if the delay that is being applied is the action delay or a unique delay. What also may be occurring is the recast delay on top of the action delay for the wands. I don't ever remember a recast delay applying to wands back then. This is something Derrick would have to look into to be most certain about.

Hernando_Kortez

Post by Hernando_Kortez »

The problem with wands is more that when you are running and hit your wand macro it makes you stop for a fraction of a second. On OSI wands did not affect your running at all.

Faust

Post by Faust »

Wands are probably reacting like spells than. I'm assuming the spells of the wands are "essentially" casting the spells when it should be instant. For example, harm would make you stop and wait 0.75s and greater heal would wait 1.25s. Unless it is on a static timer like 0.5 seconds for all effects. This is something that needs to be fixed if this is the case.

Also, if this is found to be the problem other things may need to be looked into for wands. I don't believe skill bonuses applied to wands. For example, eval int did not increase the damage output of the wands from what I remember. All of these things need to be looked into for certainty.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

A complete bug report on wands behavior would be really useful in fixing these items.

Thanks!

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Hernando_Kortez wrote:The problem with wands is more that when you are running and hit your wand macro it makes you stop for a fraction of a second. On OSI wands did not affect your running at all.
I have noticed this as well, although I kind of placed it down to having a "Dress" line in my wand macro, removing that (having a seperate equip hotkey) and only having a "double click wand, last target" macro seemed to pretty well remove the lag..

Although I haven't tested it out so much, I have no wands to waste for this lol, definitely something to look into.

[22:26] <ian> why am i making 3750 empty kegs
[22:27] <ian> 1125000 for 3750 empty kegs
----------------------------------------
[10:44] <ian> a good cat is a dead cat