Patch 149 - Sept 24 2012: Shopkeeper accounting

Information on the latest Server Patches
Apocalypse

Re: Patch 149 - Sept 24 2012: Shopkeeper accounting

Post by Apocalypse »

dren wrote:This is era accurate. Thanks Derrick.
I'm sure the staff has done their research and believes this to be an accurate implementation. However, I don't recall this during era. I used to spend a lot of time playing my GM fisher and doing MiB's and I don't recall ever having a problem selling all of the junk items to vendors. Memories aren't proof enough for a change so I'm wondering if Derrick or staff can provide us with the info they utilized to implement this patch. I'm not asking them to "prove it" so much as I'd like to review it and see if I can find evidence to the contrary.

Grim_Fandango

Post by Grim_Fandango »

Agreed. This will be a massive pain for gems; borderline making them useless as you'll spend more time searching for a vendor to sell them to then it's worth.

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

This is certainly not accurate, or at the very least, it functioned much differently.

With over 10,000 players per shard, some more, some less, would'nt the gem merchants have been ABSOLUTELY useless 24/7???

Let's use our brains on this one...
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

FishinPro

Post by FishinPro »

And this is for the post below that is locked...
Derrick wrote:After reviewing the thread, and I don't think we made the determination that EV's and BS's were sumonable to boat decks. The '98 OSI code we reviewed was pretty specific that they could not be summoned on any item, including multi's (houses and boats). I'd like to have Kaivan confirm this.

Isnt the KEY word here '98??????????????????????????????????? What does coding from '98 have to do with our shard, cutoff date NOV 1999???
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=55362
^ What??? Another person got "treasureman'd" by cavewight?
Grats Cave on scamming another friend just for some petty wealth and getting away with it.

Come JOIN the -1 CLUB!

Join the KILL CAVE event!!

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Most likely because there was no patch addressing this from 1998 until after our cut-off date, and thus you have to rely on 1998 code.
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

FishinPro wrote:This is certainly not accurate, or at the very least, it functioned much differently.
without being sure how it is working now, I will say this... I certainly remember having to wait for the Bower Vendors to refresh to sell them so many xbows per hour. I think the mechanic is accurate, but when the vendor's refresh or when the server comes up the vendors should have a decent amount of gold.

Last night they didnt.

I dont think it will be as bad as you think... And frankly, it will only be a minor annoyance to the established player. It wont make being a new player any easier though.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Hoots wrote:How are ship deeds handled?

Provisioner, buy small ship, sell gems, sell ship deed? Or no?
Guild deeds can be sold back for half price, ship deeds cannot be sold back at all.

Sincerely,

Someone 18,000 poorer :-(

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Here's something interesting. I cannot get a vendor to buy two items of mine: a ringmail tunic and ringmail gloves of hardening. I went to two different armorer vendors, both of whom sell them. Even bought a ringmail tunic and ringmail gloves to make sure they had cash on hand, and they still wouldn't buy. Then I sold them the tunic and gloves that they had just sold me, and they bought them just fine.

Razor lists the items as:

a ringmail tunic ID 0x404A7834
ringmail gloves of hardening ID 0x4024985A

...if you want to check them out.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Mikel123 wrote:Someone 18,000 poorer :-(
Hold on to it, this will need to be addressed somehow.

You should currently be able to sell one to a vendor who's recently bought one, but it's understandable that this would be an uncommon situation.
Mikel123 wrote:I cannot get a vendor to buy two items of mine: a ringmail tunic and ringmail gloves of hardening.
Do you know what those two items would normally sell for?
Hoots wrote:Last night they didnt.
Last night the patch was applied prematurely due to the shard restart, things should be working as intended today.
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

The ringmail tunic sells for 109 gp. Just went to three different shops; no shopkeepers will bite. It's hilarious... they will buy everything I have until they run out of gold, except for the plain ringmail tunic and the magic gloves. And, if I buy another plain ringmail tunic, they'll buy that one back from me, but they will not acknowledge the original one I have.

For the ship deed, I think we need some clarification on items that are more expensive than the shopkeepers have in gold. Are such items never sellable? Are they sellable if I just bought one, since the shopkeeper presumably has enough gold to buy it back?

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

I think Carto needs a look at too.. SInce they buy/sell maps for 3 gp, *theoretically* they should always have maps or gold... and im often seeing mapmakers with neither...

although... hopefully i wont care much longer... Cartography 99.8 99.8 +0.1 100.0
Last edited by Hoots on Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rammar
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Rammar »

Derrick wrote:
Mikel123 wrote:I cannot get a vendor to buy two items of mine: a ringmail tunic and ringmail gloves of hardening.
Do you know what those two items would normally sell for?
They're more than likely damaged. Some time ago a patch was put in where npcs will, in some cases, refuse to buy damaged equipment. I'm guessing it's a function of durability/max-durability, but I don't ever recall not being able to unload busted-up items in era.

Just tried a couple items: battered kat of force, almost new hally, and almost new chain tunic they'd take; falling apart kite of hardening they wouldn't.

Mikel123
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Mikel123 »

Nice call! Indeed both arms lore'd as "about to fall apart". Interestingly, I repaired them to "unused", and the shopkeeper still would not buy them! So it appears that once an item hits that stage of disuse, it's branded for life as unsellable.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

Mikel123 wrote:So it appears that once an item hits that stage of disuse, it's branded for life as unsellable.
Shopkeepers can tell if the item has been severly damaged and it's maximum durability has been decreased below any future utility, I suspect this is the trouble here; this patch should not have effected this.

Thanks guys!
Mikel123 wrote:For the ship deed, I think we need some clarification on items that are more expensive than the shopkeepers have in gold. Are such items never sellable? Are they sellable if I just bought one, since the shopkeeper presumably has enough gold to buy it back?
Yes, if the shopkeeper has collected gold from sales of another, he should be able to buy one back. Not a recommended thing to test simply for curiosity though.
Hoots wrote:I think Carto needs a look at too.. SInce they buy/sell maps for 3 gp, *theoretically* they should always have maps or gold... and im often seeing mapmakers with neither...

although... hopefully i wont care much longer... Cartography 99.8 99.8 +0.1 100.0
It's possible that someone came through and sold a bunch of maps they couldn't unload last night, lets see if this situation persists.

Grats on the carto :)
"The text in this article or section may be incoherent or very hard to understand, and should be reworded if the intended meaning can be determined."

[Uhh] Eo
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by [Uhh] Eo »

Good night sweet scribe princes.
nightshark wrote:Can PINK BOOTS ever be killed? Many think he's invulnerable, including myself.
SirPsychoSexy wrote:Being PKed awhile back on my bard by PINK BOOTS was one of the greatest honors I've had during my time here on UOSA.