Towns being attacked?

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Elwood

Towns being attacked?

Post by Elwood »

I'm not sure when they started this but i do remember the towns getting randomly attacked for certain things a few times each month
You always know when it was about to happen because all the guards would vanish from that town.
But for about 5 mins monsters would spawn all over the town, they would stay until they were killed and more wouldnt spawn after the first 5 mins

I remember logging in at times and getting killed almost right away at times form this, but was always fun to help clear the town, there was no special event associated with this and no rewards for doing it then the normal loot

Moonglow - Graveyard would attack the town, liches and all
Vesper - was ogres and Ettins and even think an OL or two
Brit - was Rat man or Lizard man (pretty sure it was usually rat man and giant rats due to the brit sewers)

don't remember the other towns but was this part of this era and if so i haven't seen this happen yet

Pirul

Re: Towns being attacked?

Post by Pirul »

There have been plenty of invasions here also. Trouble is, they take valuable staff time to plan, code, execute and supervise. Therefore they are not too often. When a staff event happens, it usually gets announced in IRC and in-game.

So put attention to any notices by @Secondage on IRC and ask your nearest Town Crier if he has any "news".
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Elwood

Post by Elwood »

I'm pretty sure these weren't staffed, that they was just on some random-ish timer or so when it happened. i understand reg event and stuff wont happen often due to all the time it takes for everything.

Soulsyphon

Post by Soulsyphon »

this was after tram came out so i dont think it will happen here

Pac

Post by Pac »

I vaguely remember Fire Elementals attacking Buc's Den once on Pacific but I think it was UO:R era.

Kaivan
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kaivan »

Information on town attacks is sketchy at best, and we have no information to suggest that it was automated.

Regarding invasions here on UOSA, we haven't had one for a while, but the task of setting up such an invasion is time consuming and requires some skill with XML spawners, for which we have only one GM with the skills to set up such an event, and time is limited for those types of things.
UOSA Historian and former staff member: August 11, 2008 - June 19, 2016

Useful links for researching T2A Mechanics

Stratics - UO Latest Updates - Newsgroup 1 - Noctalis - UO98.org

Valhoppen

Post by Valhoppen »

I vaguely remember this happening. I remember purple elementals spawning at Vesper or whatever that town is west of Minoc. I think their was some skeletons or bone knights and I swear skeletons did pop up from Britian bank from time to time. But, I think some of these were attributed by people luring the creatures in town to get unsuspecting people killed. I did this from time to time myself.