Summon Daemons Melee Abilities

For ideas on how to make Second Age a better shard. Can it get any better? Maybe.
Forum rules
Posts in this forum are expected to be constructive, realistic and civil. Inflamatory or off topic posts will be removed.
Red

Summon Daemons Melee Abilities

Post by Red »

Back when magery didn't do damage in towns, mages used very different tactics than they do here now. They would go just outside town protection, and summon 3-5 daemons. What does this have to do with their damage?

I was playing a fighter with parry, and in a Chaos guild back then. My parry sucked, but my guildmaster had GM parry and often times would run around in a death robe and a chaos shield. I took notice when we fought together, because I was evaluating my time spent on parrying being worth it or not.

Daemons hit for more damage back then, and parrying was a must for townies back in the day. It was a lot closer to what a regular daemon would hit you for. I'm guessing that there should be a patch note somewhere about the nerfing of summoned daemons. I'll have to look into that when I have more time.

Anyone else remember?

Xukluk Tuguznal

Re: Summon Daemons Melee Abilities

Post by Xukluk Tuguznal »

I can only recall one time they nerfed deamons. It was well post 2000/01 if i recall correct though.
Tforc YM wrote: if you are over 24 though do not apply because i dont like nerdy people who dont get there lifes past uo. also if you do not have a microphone or vent then i can not make you into a good player, sorry , dont apply.

BlackFoot
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Summon Daemons Melee Abilities

Post by BlackFoot »

i remember summoned deamons being super tough against townies, and parry being essential for town battle survival also
<IronfistMax> tell me where you are in game, and ill come thank you personally
Mad_Max: blackfoot you sent everyone to a slaughter
<Derrick> We will not negotiate with terrorists.
UOSA Society of Adventure and History [UoH]