New player questions

Moderator: Support Moderators

jumpingover

New player questions

Post by jumpingover »

1. Are the 300~500 players online real(not afk-macroers)?
2. Is macro allowed? EasyUO?
3. There is an AntiAFK-Macro system? Is AFK macro allowed?
4. Can I play crafter-pvp only? Or is PVM/Taming forced to make money(taming a dragon to go in dungeons and such)?
5. How is PVP here? Active?
6. How is the commerce?
7. Is 2UO allowed?

Thanks!

Loathed

Re: New player questions

Post by Loathed »

http://www.uosecondage.com/Rules

will answer most of your questions.

most people on the server play up to 3 clients at once though there are some who only play one as well. Lots of afk macroing plagues the server at the moment. But we have some active times- mainly dominated by usa players but there are some from all over.

you don't have to make a tamer but it is the best way, or a bard even. Crafters can make good money though the resources on some things is currently questionable.

pvp is on and off active it's all on who you know but for you to get the most action I say fight everyone- the more enemies/targets the more active it will seem to you! :)

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Hello, and welcome to UOSA!
jumpingover wrote:1. Are the 300~500 players online real(not afk-macroers)?
There's plenty of AFK macroers, but I'd say about 2/3 of that number is actually playing.
jumpingover wrote:2. Is macro allowed? EasyUO?
Macroing is allowed, but only with Razor. EasyUO will get you banned fast.
jumpingover wrote:3. There is an AntiAFK-Macro system? Is AFK macro allowed?
AFK macroing is allowed.
jumpingover wrote:4. Can I play crafter-pvp only? Or is PVM/Taming forced to make money(taming a dragon to go in dungeons and such)?
One of the most successful players I knew played a crafter exclusively. I suggest searching the forum for posts by Theograd, you'll see how he became successful.
jumpingover wrote:5. How is PVP here? Active?
PvP is active, and great!
jumpingover wrote:6. How is the commerce?
Very healthy. You can check out the "Trade" Forum here to see more or less what is bought and sold, and for what prices. If you plan to run a player run vendor, check out that sub-section of the trade forum too.
jumpingover wrote:7. Is 2UO allowed?
No third party programs other than Razor are allowed.
jumpingover wrote:Thanks!
You're welcome
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Dhakiyah

Post by Dhakiyah »

Hi there!
I have also some newbie questions.
I liked to play UO again and I am searching for an freeshard.
I played on an germen freeshard, but there are only 40 players online and you will not see often much people...
I played UO for over 10 years on Europa and Drachenfels. I realy loved this game.

Is on UOSA only Felucca or is there also Trammel?
I dont like PVP very much...
Are there some german players too?
Is there enough space for an house?

Sorry for bad english, I am german girl. :)

Pirul

Post by Pirul »

Dhakiyah wrote:Hi there!
I have also some newbie questions.
I liked to play UO again and I am searching for an freeshard.
I played on an germen freeshard, but there are only 40 players online and you will not see often much people...
I played UO for over 10 years on Europa and Drachenfels. I realy loved this game.

Is on UOSA only Felucca or is there also Trammel?
I dont like PVP very much...
Hello, this is a Felucca only shard
Dhakiyah wrote:Are there some german players too?
Yes, there are some
Dhakiyah wrote:Is there enough space for an house?
There's a lot of space for small houses. Good space too, close to town, etc. Larger houses are sold on the forums for marginal amounts over deed cost.
Dhakiyah wrote:Sorry for bad english, I am german girl. :)
Hey, PM Arsen, he's a german girl too!! (at least when he's wearing lipstick :P)
<ian> 2 chicks making out are not gay

Dhakiyah

Post by Dhakiyah »

Hello, this is a Felucca only shard
Argh... Thats bad. Dont like it... :(
So i had to search further to find a freeshard which have trammel AND many active playing people...

TheAbracadaver

Post by TheAbracadaver »

Quick question about mounts ...
I've noticed horses run out of stamina and fairly quickly and mares have endless stamina, so my question is ... what about ostards (desert, frenzied, forest), llamas, ridgebacks(which I ran into yesterday and seem abnormally quick)?

Is there a mount out there that doesn't tire out which us n00bz can ride around on without breaking the bank?

nubnub
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by nubnub »

TheAbracadaver wrote:Quick question about mounts ...
I've noticed horses run out of stamina and fairly quickly and mares have endless stamina, so my question is ... what about ostards (desert, frenzied, forest), llamas, ridgebacks(which I ran into yesterday and seem abnormally quick)?

Is there a mount out there that doesn't tire out which us n00bz can ride around on without breaking the bank?
Dismount, say 'all follow me' to replenish their stamina.

shivermetimbers

Post by shivermetimbers »

Don't worry about it not being Trammel, I've only seen it saying around 400-500 players on at a time whenever I've logged in. I've been playing for about a month now after not playing in about ten years, and was afraid the PKs would be really bad. I like to play alone and keep to myself, but help people when I see them in trouble.

I've found the cities are very quiet, around them is not that bad. I've only seen a couple of reds out in the wild where I am building up my characters, and they didn't bother with me. I'm sure if I was in dungeons or other areas I'd see them more though. I've met some very friendly people that have been on a long time, some that are not as nice (but those are everywhere) and some newbies that I've been trying to give helpful hints to. (Like don't kill the sheep to earn swordsmanship, shear them for the wool!)

You can always join a guild and go out playing with people. That would help make the chance of being pk'd much less likely. If you're playing in Germany though, you'll be playing at times when not as many US players will be online, so you probably don't have to worry a lot about the pks regardless.

My 2 cents :)
ShiverMeTimbers

Vearyx

Post by Vearyx »

Can u only sell 5 items at once to a vendor, Or is my client just bugged?

Vearyx

Post by Vearyx »

Bump?

Vearyx

Post by Vearyx »

Bump?

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

yes you can only sell 5 items at once. and vendors have limited amounts of gold to buy with also

Vearyx

Post by Vearyx »

Loathed wrote:yes you can only sell 5 items at once. and vendors have limited amounts of gold to buy with also

Alright thanks mate.

Return to “New Player Help”