Help me come up with a begging macro

Topics related to Second Age
archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Help me come up with a begging macro

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

So begging is dependent on Karma. I was thinking maybe healing someone while begging would keep it positive... but can you gain if the npcs all have no more gold? Does anyone know the limit of karma gains of dumping gold on npcs? Does the gold you give them go into their packs? I was thinking maybe train a melee skill, heal,and dump gold in 10 gp intervals on an npc trapped in a corner....maybe. I dont even know why I am doing it besides just to do it.

I am not sure dumping gold on npcs fills their packs first off, and even less sure if their packs have a weight limit if so.

If begging is karma based I think stealing should be too in my opinion as the higher your reputation the less likely it would be that the people would be convinced they actually saw you stealing something...and I think also the money given to NPCs should help bailout the sluggish economy XD (meaning it should have a direct impact as much as having so much gold on hand to purchase items off players)

Because the skill Begging is directly associated with karma and reputation I have a pretty good hunch that it would have had a lot more influence besides titles and npc reactions if the developers went about things using their hearts and not their pocketbook. The whole environment was supposed to be impacted by the creatures in it as they lived and died etc like a living breathing world that was manipulated by the players and the npcs in it. Like a wolves vs rabbits scenario. Its just the gameplay took precedence over the world itself and I think a lot of ideas they first had got lost along the way.

Which goes back to my suggestion of making another sister server with the theme of " The Second Age How it should have been" or even "as the Developers had envisioned it" if you got some feedback from Garriot.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Malaikat

Re: Help me come up with a begging macro

Post by Malaikat »

I read the first sentence, got bored and skipped to the last sentence, and then my head exploded.
Save yourself the shame and embarrassment and just assume that if you can't understand me...you're the one who's retarded.
Budner wrote:Your sig lets everyone know what an arrogant prick you are.

chumbucket
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by chumbucket »

Malaikat wrote:I read the first sentence, got bored and skipped to the last sentence, and then my head exploded.
I skipped down to your comment. Thank you for drawing my attention to that.

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

This is unattended gold/resource gathering!

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Here a world was recreated, both it's faults and triumphs.

The people who have been longstanding here are not brat children whining about how to put an end to their small defeats in continual nerfs that break the whole system down. Seek how to strengthen not weaken.

Personally if it was possible I think we could make this old relic new in such a way it would surpass the original developers expectations while still retaining the feel of the original in all its simplicity and complexity.

You can see how when a new server comes up people leave and then come back here.

Here should be a spreading point of ideas.

Here is where we can discuss how it should have been. I personally see it in possibility an ever broadening world.

If we were all devoted in making a new sister server that perhaps took the maps of all the different areas of Ultima throughout its existence (and perhaps even what we could create in our imaginations) also providing support , ideas, and money to achieve the goal of making the most in depth mmorpg ever made not just in character but that world as a whole. I seriously think the playerbase here can accomplish it. Staying true to our roots is absolutely essential. It's just an idea, but it would be very exciting if it ever came to fruitation.

The groundwork was laid... we played both here and other places. We return here and you know why...they turned the game into something it was not. Bells and whistles...and all the neon glow, those things could never provide the same edge as we find in the dirt and grit of the Second Age. We recreated it, we should perfect it instead of making it into some ever changing amoebae that never found it's true form to leave it how it was. I believe the players here can help define that form in a way it would become absolutely wonderful....if it were possible.

They never perfected it, we could do so now. Not in ways that demolish it's form but in ways to polish rough edges.

If we had a goal such as that you would see hoards of investors straight from the players themselves that would love to chip in. As long as they understood the world is not theirs alone but one that is shared.

I do not say these things to destroy all the work that has been done, but to expand beyond that era while still retaining its roots.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

SOMEONE was high, but focused, last night.

Khazym

Post by Khazym »

Everyone has an opinion of some things they would change.. whether few or many. Including me. What you describe would only net you two 1/2 shards with differing problems rather than have 1 whole shard with some (liveable) problems. So everyone would lose half a shard of population.

Boondock_Saint
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Boondock_Saint »

I skipped everyone but chumbucket and matron's post in order to prove my self proclaimed cA fanboi title.

If you want a good begging macro just watch Crack Shot at WBB.
[quote="Downs"]All the cool kids saw your wizard tears. [/quote]

[21:32] <[Rose]> scurvy is the new chumbucket

Budner
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Budner »

VCU is doomed in the tourney BTW. TOooOooOoo much hype.