The Fastest Way to gain Magic Resist

Playguides written by Staff and Players.
Much more information on specific skills can be found in our T2A wiki.
odacar

The Fastest Way to gain Magic Resist

Post by odacar »

Hey, this is what i did for my mages from 90-100, can probably start at 70 but i chose to wait.(This goes much faster with White Wyrms so if you have a buddy thatll help you make sure to ask them, if you do not have a tamer just use NPC Mages(? Not Positive). You also want to be in the same guild as whoever the tamer is and if the healer is not the tamer may go grey at any time depending on mass curses.

Requirements:
2 Boats, One Preferrably Long
1 Optional Extra Boat, Size does not matter
The one trying to gain resist on
A healer that can cure poison on almost every try(80+)
A mage that can cast flamestrike(Optional)
Lets Call
Healer-Healer
One Gaining Resist(X)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Normal Way(Without Extra Boat)

First thing you want to do is to find a spot where you can be inside town on a boat, and outside on another (I used cove for this)

The second thing is to set up the boats to where the long boat is outside the guards and the small one is in the guards, such as done here.

The third thing you want to do is get a bunch of bandies, and your healer, and put them on the small boat with X.

Next put bandies at the end of the boat by the tiller, same with the healer

Then set a macro that makes X walk from the end of the boat(On top of the healer) to the front of the boat, then pause for 30 seconds(Or less depending on resist and max health), then walk back on top of the healer, wait 60 seconds(For wyrms to regain mana) Then loop.
(Macro Script Coming Soon)

As the above process is being done, set a macro on the healer to use bandies on X every 10 seconds and loop it, also change the wait timer to 1 second.

Finally, attack every one of the wyrms at any point so they target you (While the macro is running or in one of the key spots( Front of boat or back of boat))
Then just let it run(Don't forget to check it every so often, the paralyzes will mess up the walk macro, causing errors and in extreme cases, death.

________________________________________________________________________________________

For the third boat to be used just use your third account to cast flame strike on X from a third boat outside guards, then if mana <39 use meditate, wait for mana>80, End if

If there are any questions, just leave them in the comments and i will try to respond to them as fast as possible.

wrathofjo

Re: The Fastest Way to gain Magic Resist

Post by wrathofjo »

Is it really worth going through all that trouble when you can just Flamestrike yourself?

odacar

Post by odacar »

the white wyrms can cast flame strike once to twice each after the 60 seconds, also with the mage on the boat, you already have a mage casting flamestrike on you. So with 6 wyrms 8-14 Flamestrikes in that 25 seconds, where as by yourself it will be about 2 flamestrikes ever minute(Give or take 20 seconds)(Also depends on meditation stat) so you are gaining atleast three times as much, if not four. Also If you add more wyrms you will gain even faster

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Some more information about using White Wyrms.

Buy your resist to 30. You can get from 30 to 95 resist with wyrms in under 6 hours of up time (up time being when you're macroing, not counting time spent dead from fine-tuning your delays :P ), assuming you have enough. I've done this quite a few times in the past, usually using 40-50 wyrms.

Tricks to speeding it up
Keep 2 bandage healers on the ship with your target.

Have the wyrms all on 1 tile as a turret, with the tamer 1 tile behind, blocking them in. Every 90 seconds say "turn around" which gives the WWs time to regenerate their mana enough to be casting the bigger spells again.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

better to just do it at an ankh- rez attack tamer, rez attack tamer, every 6 seconds u die but get hit by how many ever wyrms are there. gm resist this way on multiple chars like 2 to 3 hrs each from zero. this was with 100 ww

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!
Location: I put an r in it http://my.uosecondage.com/Status/Player/67484

Post by son »

Loathed wrote:better to just do it at an ankh- rez attack tamer, rez attack tamer, every 6 seconds u die but get hit by how many ever wyrms are there. gm resist this way on multiple chars like 2 to 3 hrs each from zero. this was with 100 ww
this is genius I love UO
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

son wrote:
Loathed wrote:better to just do it at an ankh- rez attack tamer, rez attack tamer, every 6 seconds u die but get hit by how many ever wyrms are there. gm resist this way on multiple chars like 2 to 3 hrs each from zero. this was with 100 ww
this is genius I love UO
It's a good technique but I suspect "you die every 6 seconds" is more like you die every 0.6 seconds. I have my doubts about the speed also, since you aren't giving proper mana regen time. Gains would be great at first, but would slow down drastically as your skill increases, and as their mana pool drops to near none after a good 30+ minutes of consistent nuking.

Still a good sounding method if you don't want to do it AFK. AFKing with 100 wyrms at a shrine seems too dangerous.
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

Loathed

Post by Loathed »

RoadKill wrote:
son wrote:
this is genius I love UO
It's a good technique but I suspect "you die every 6 seconds" is more like you die every 0.6 seconds. I have my doubts about the speed also, since you aren't giving proper mana regen time. Gains would be great at first, but would slow down drastically as your skill increases, and as their mana pool drops to near none after a good 30+ minutes of consistent nuking.

Still a good sounding method if you don't want to do it AFK. AFKing with 100 wyrms at a shrine seems too dangerous.

after ten minutes pass: the mobs "ability to cast" will reset and you'll need to reset it with an explosion pot. Mobs/Npcs have a global cast timer of 6 seconds, it's a constant running timer. IF the mobs cast time is reached it'll cast as soon as it has a target to cast on and has los/within range- after which it'll not cast for another 6 seconds. This is where I'm getting the die every 6 seconds, ofcoarse on occasion you will die after rezing to some explosions. the gains will decrease as ur skill increase but you still have 100x white wyrms casting on you every six seconds. If you want you can loop the rez/die part like for 1 minute then hold off for a minute and that should give the mana regen time needed for the wyrms. You will have to reset the wyrms after so long with a purple pot (or aoe spell that hits em all) or you'll notice they just stop casting. I don't mind showing someone in game if need be.

I don't recommend doing this afk- Because I promise you one thing. If i find someone doing this at an ankh- I will kill all their wyrms. :) And besides that anything done afk you have the risk of someone just coming along and ruining it. Only takes a few clicks to ruin the above method.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

Loathed wrote:
RoadKill wrote:
son wrote:
this is genius I love UO

after ten minutes pass: the mobs "ability to cast" will reset and you'll need to reset it with an explosion pot. Mobs/Npcs have a global cast timer of 6 seconds, it's a constant running timer. IF the mobs cast time is reached it'll cast as soon as it has a target to cast on and has los/within range- after which it'll not cast for another 6 seconds. This is where I'm getting the die every 6 seconds, ofcoarse on occasion you will die after rezing to some explosions. the gains will decrease as ur skill increase but you still have 100x white wyrms casting on you every six seconds. If you want you can loop the rez/die part like for 1 minute then hold off for a minute and that should give the mana regen time needed for the wyrms. You will have to reset the wyrms after so long with a purple pot (or aoe spell that hits em all) or you'll notice they just stop casting. I don't mind showing someone in game if need be.

I don't recommend doing this afk- Because I promise you one thing. If i find someone doing this at an ankh- I will kill all their wyrms. :) And besides that anything done afk you have the risk of someone just coming along and ruining it. Only takes a few clicks to ruin the above method.

I'm actually trying to figure out of this would be worth doing on a stat loss char... But I think the answer is no.
rdash wrote:BLACKFOOT STAY AWAY FROM MY FRIENDS OR MEET A BLADE OF VANQUISH AND ADDITIONAL TACTICS

odacar

Post by odacar »

I'm actually trying to figure out of this would be worth doing on a stat loss char... But I think the answer is no.[/quote]

Yeah, even my method would not be worth doing on a stat loss duo to just how easy it is to get killed

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

Yea, I had a brain fart.

I was somehow thinking that you would GM resist and yet take loss on every other skill on loop, netting you a gimped char with GM resist. The rest would be pretty easy to GM.

But I am new to UO and forgot that resist itself would also lose 20% every time... Not bright :)

SonicBoom

Post by SonicBoom »

Is there somebody offering these services for a price, or even at all? (The white wyrms, I dont yet have a tamer)

I know its not included in the post but being pretty new to the server I wanted to check if anyone was doing this as a type of service for those who need it or were willing to pay for it, before I start dumping regs into casting on myself.

son
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by son »

SonicBoom wrote:Is there somebody offering these services for a price, or even at all? (The white wyrms, I dont yet have a tamer)

I know its not included in the post but being pretty new to the server I wanted to check if anyone was doing this as a type of service for those who need it or were willing to pay for it, before I start dumping regs into casting on myself.
If you are pretty new to the server, there are probably many chars that you have which need GM magery on.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Imps are plentiful, Imps cast flamestrike, Imps tame relatively easy. If you have 100 WWs stabled you suck at UO and must die a lot.
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.

archaicsubrosa77
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by archaicsubrosa77 »

Or put a healer on the boat
Derrick wrote:I wish it were possible that a mount could be whacked while you are riding it, but to the best of my knowedge it is not.