Taming Plateau?

Topics related to Second Age
keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Taming Plateau?

Post by keelonzo »

Hi all.

Finally got around to creating a L337 pwned Tamer. I'm at 84.6 real and 86.7 modified skill levels. I went the compassion route (thanks for all of the help from the guides and Diabetus who split duty with the herding) and got to the lost lands (hoppers bog and surrounding areas). Gains were solid until yesterday. I must have tamed 50 Giant Toads, Mongbats, Great Harts, Snakes, and 3 or 4 Frenzieds, but NO GAINS!? I still fail alot and release and kill my tames to avoid the "That wasn't even challenging" should I double back.

Is this normal? Has anyone seen a similar "wall" ? This isn't my first rodeo and I've seen skill plateaus/walls/whatever you wanna call em, but wanted to relax in the bog/lost lands before heading to hyloth/fire for the hounds. Just don't understand why I still fail, ALOT, but am not gaining.

* yes, I've checked my skill locks - I'm capped, but still have 93 herding to drop (pointed down)

Also, if there are any tamers-in-training relatively close to my skill level shoot me a PM if you wanna hit up the hounds with me.

wrathofjo

Re: Taming Plateau?

Post by wrathofjo »

If you have tracking tame only the toads. They are going to give you your best chance to gain. For the most part you can just track from toad to toad. I recently trained my tamer and I don't remember a plateau like that. It's probably just bad luck. You're almost to hell hounds, hang in there. The hell hound part is super easy.

EDIT: You can actually start hell hounds now. I wouldn't tame another toad. Follow Roses's guide, get your orcs provo'd, and your two toons set up. Once you get the hang of it you'll see it's really easy to set up. If you have a PVP ready characer make sure he's got a rune so you can ward off griefres. It helps to have friends for this too.

keelonzo
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by keelonzo »

I appreciate the encouragement! I went to scout out the hell hound room and the mobs killed 3 of my chars! Boxed me in and I couldn't tele to save myself. I felt (feel) like the biggest noob! AHAH! Any advice on how to manage the group? Or would that be just provoking everything at first to get setup?

nubnub
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by nubnub »

I've never made a tamer but I believe in the hell hound room it's best to have an alt toon (or a tame animal) to place in the lower corner of the room with the chests in it while the spawn is in the room with the chairs/table. Invis the tamer toon, let the spawn agro on the alt toon/animal then appear and tame the hounds.

wrathofjo

Post by wrathofjo »

First few times I did it I provo'd the whole room first to calm things down. It's best to mark a rune for the healer tile, and gate in the healer and the tamer from there. Bring red pots, lots of red pots. Then you can just drag the orcs over, drink a red to hop on top of your HIDDEN toons and provo from there. If you need help with it IRC me and I'll give you a hand.