Re: Changes on Test Center

Post by Stranger »

When can we expect to see this patch?

Daolin
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Daolin »

why not just make a macro to have your pets attack a target, instead of "all kill". Replace it with ease. Not a big deal

Hoots
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hoots »

Daolin wrote:why not just make a macro to have your pets attack a target, instead of "all kill". Replace it with ease. Not a big deal
exactly, change does nothing.

With razor making a "A Kill, B Kill, C Kill," or "A Guard me, B Guard me, C Guard me" with last targets macro is no big deal.

all the removing all command (which im still not sure is accurate) will do is make tamer macros more annoying to make.

Also, i assume if we are going back to era accuracy we will be seeing the "friend" command coming back?

that command had a whole group of ecploits of its own associated with it.

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

Daolin wrote:why not just make a macro to have your pets attack a target, instead of "all kill". Replace it with ease. Not a big deal
Thats why i dont like it, inconvience is all it is.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I had really asked for the discussion on individual features to remain in their existing discussion groups. An entire page of this thread has now been dedicated to two or three of of the 20+ changes.

This is not a removal of the all command. All Guard me, all follow me, etc, still works. This is a change in the behavior of the all command when the command requires a target.

I hear what you are saying on the taming difficulty of pre-tame. Please either open a suggestions thread or find an appropriate thread in an existing forum. This is not to be a 20 page thread about the legitimacy of the changes, there are countless threads already exiting on these issues. Like I have said this patch is not necessarily finished.

Please Test, then post feedback and bugs in here.

Thanks!

Stranger

Post by Stranger »

I apologize, I did not see the last part of your post about the seperate discussion threads, I just read the changes and assumed this was a discussion thread :). (Cant test the taming changes tho my tamer is only 90.0 on the test shard :()

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

You can set your skills and stats on the test shard, just say "HELP" for more info on doing that.

Kamora
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by Kamora »

Stranger wrote:Personally I do not like "All kill" being taken away. I never remember there not being an "All Kill" that worked as it currently does.
I agree! And would like to have the chance of playing all the options a Tamer had during Second Age. Because i never finished my tamer in 1999-2000.

Remember...Second Age was not perfectly balanced and neither was the economy. But it was closer than any other expansion. And everyone has the same chance to make a tamer here, but not everyone has the patience for it.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

Hoots wrote:
exactly, change does nothing.

With razor making a "A Kill, B Kill, C Kill," or "A Guard me, B Guard me, C Guard me" with last targets macro is no big deal.

all the removing all command (which im still not sure is accurate) will do is make tamer macros more annoying to make.

Also, i assume if we are going back to era accuracy we will be seeing the "friend" command coming back?

that command had a whole group of ecploits of its own associated with it.
i'd like to see you try this macro on test shard, hardly as efficient, as it should be.

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

First off, a macro is very effective. I can have 8 pets attack a single target in 1.5 seconds. I can use ALL GUARD ME to have 20 dragons attack a single target instantly. This is all accurate, and if you don't like it, too bad.

Now that we are going to implement every single fix, we must put this one in.
Ill see if i can find any pictures on my old pc of 10 green 7x tanks all on mares with drags in tow in deceit.
This is true, you could transfer dragons to anyone that had 50/50 taming/lore. There's a UOR patch that specificity states : "you will no longer be able to transfer dragons to someone with 50 taming and 50 animal lore, the minimum required skill of 90ish is now required to control a transferred dragon"

Derrick, you must let us transfer dragons to newbie tamers if you want the server to be accurate.

If you don't make this change, it wont be accurate.

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

if one single person decided to attack a tamer with 20 dragons, they deserve to die to "all guard me"

no longer will a tamer be a problem for 2-3 mages...id like to see all guard me work in an organised fashion then!

Kefka

Post by Kefka »

if one single person decided to attack a tamer with 20 dragons, they deserve to die to "all guard me"

no longer will a tamer be a problem for 2-3 mages...id like to see all guard me work in an organised fashion then!
a tamer shouldn't have been a problem for 2-3 mages even with All Kill. It's too bad that people don't know how to play their own characters correctly.

when i'm in vent with a SINGLE other person (that's 2 total, for those that can't count), and we see a tamer, i begin to shout 'LETS KILL HIM, STAY OFFSCREEN'.

there's no reason that a tamer should be able to use the All Kill command against anyone successfully in the wild.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

New additions to test. Again these are all preliminary changes for consideration.
  • All creature and NPC speeds have been revised to be based on the standard 0.25 second "tick" speeds. Creatures may very well be miscatagorized at this point, so feedback would be appreciated.
  • Pets follow speed will persist when the creature is given an active command. Firebreathing pets drop to their normal active speed when breath weapon is used.
  • "All Release" will only release one creature at a time
We are still looking at the White Wyrm follow speed. Currently on test it is extremely fast and may or may not be later subjected to a absolute speed cap.

There has been a lot of talk in this thread about the changes, but very little specific feedback on testing experiences. We really want to have this code fully vetted before bringing it live. Please test if you are able.

Thanks!

Hemperor
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by Hemperor »

You should possibly set up steady spawns of dragons and wyrms down in the jhelom pits or soemwhere where event gates lead to, also in a spot where it is easy to tame them...

would help with testing quite a bit.

Derrick

Post by Derrick »

I put a dragon/wyrm there in the jhelom pits on a fast respawn. If anyone needs pets let me know and I'll come on and give you some when I'm available, which will be tomorrow at the earliest though.

Regular gameplay will be valuable too. There are a lot of changes here.