Wow, Ultima Online

A place to pull up a stool, drink an ale, and share your sagas with fellow patrons. (Roleplay Forum - In Character Only)
Forum rules
This forum is strictly for in-game RP and storyline related info. For more general discussion, please post in General Discussion or Other, as appropriate.
MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Wow, Ultima Online

Post by MatronDeWinter »

edit
Last edited by MatronDeWinter on Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

malice-tg
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Re: Wow, Ultima Online

Post by malice-tg »

MatronDeWinter wrote:Hi guys,
I have been out of the UO-game for a few years, I played on Pacific/Siege from beta to when Felucia and Trammel seperated (or whatever), and then I played around a little on private shards a year later, but ultimately quit because of super-items and server uptime, not to mention work in the real world.

Anyway, I was thinking about mabye getting back into the swing of things when I have a few minutes a day and I had a few questions about the shard as a whole. You used to connect to private shards with some program called uogateway I believe, is that still the case? Also will my account be created when I log in or do I need to have one created by this website? (I know I could search for these answers, but while I'm asking other questions I figured I would put that out there).
connection info... we use razor
http://forum.uosecondage.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=496

MatronDeWinter wrote: Okay, so important stuff..
Is the skill gain the same as the T2A OSI server was? (and therefor does 8x8 skills work?)
no, no power hour either t2a didnt have it.
MatronDeWinter wrote: Are there any silly items with unfair advantages? (examples: etheral mounts and those scrolls that give you more max stats?)
nope
MatronDeWinter wrote: Is this the full T2A map, including the Delucia side and Brittan? Is it easy to find people online at all hours of the day?
yes and yes
MatronDeWinter wrote: How is the server lag?

little lag really.. usually server lag is short and equal for all so you dont have a disadvantge
MatronDeWinter wrote:Are there any factions or other crap like that?
order chaos + pk anti pk is most pvp.

MatronDeWinter wrote: I realise that there IS an FAQ section, but honestly, I have a few simple questions to ask and there is a whole lot to search through just to find these answers. The website creator did a great job writting content, but in the end, it is to much to sift through if I just want a straight answer.

I'm going to find my old CD and get installing and mabye give things a shot, paruse the bank area, get a feel for it, at least for old times sake. Just wanted to say hello, and see how active this community is, if it still is at all. I sort of miss UO, and while I realise that no game will compare to the experience I had when I first played this back in the 90's, every now and then it's nice to re-visit something we used to enjoy.

Hope to see you in sosaria,
Cheers,
Jarell
;0
login you want it
Last edited by malice-tg on Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

RoadKill
UOSA Subscriber!
UOSA Subscriber!

Post by RoadKill »

Welcome to UOSA :)

I suggest using the Wiki to answer most questions or checking the Guides section. A lot of it can be easily found by using the Search features. The nice part about searching and finding the info yourself, you'll always be able to look back at it, and there is a lot of cross-referencing on the Wiki.

IRC is also a very valuable tool on this shard, very active and friendly IRC community
Lake Superior 1997-2002, UOSA 2008-Present
I no longer use this account, if you need to reach me, message my new account, Boomland Jenkins

MatronDeWinter
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by MatronDeWinter »

I started up, earned a little gold and made my way out to Delucia, my old stomping grounds. (On Pacific in the 90's). I am suprised I remembered how to walk there, because EVERYBODY was afk-macroing, holy crap. Can you still see-saw stats? I don't see that in the guides, about to give it a try in a bit here.