Map levels

Topics related to Second Age
KWK
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Map levels

Post by KWK »

How can you tell what level map you have? I have some that say I can not decode them but they all say "a tattered map". Did t2a have a description like cleverly written or something to tell the levels? All I know is all I can decode is a level one map still...

liinniejj

Re: Map levels

Post by liinniejj »

http://wiki.uosecondage.com/Treasure_maps

eighter youknow what monster dropped it and check the list here what lvl it is
you have multiple carotgrapher chars on diff skill levels required for eack higher lvl tmap (list of skill required on wiki)
or you decode with a gm cartographer and do them see what the loot and spawn is:P then you will know

Made by Nystal Games, New up and coming indie Developer.

RaveGreen
UOSA Donor!!
UOSA Donor!!

Post by RaveGreen »

Without any cartography skill you can only figure out level 1's and 2's.

When double-clicking a map that is level 1 you will just get the standard fail message, or you will decode it.

When double-clicking a map that is level 2+ you will get the standard fail message AND a system type message in the bottom left of your screen saying you have no chance of decoding.

Asha [C^V]
Varamyr [C^V]
Marwa [<<< ,EBK, >>>]

IRC:Brandon

Levi

Post by Levi »

Only 2 ways to know what level a map is.

1 you need to know what monster it came from.

2 you make multiple cartography chars, each with carto at differing levels, if your toon with say 94 carto can decode a map your toon with 84 carto can not its a level 4 .

For me option 2 is a none started but I hear some do it.

Take care buying any maps from vendors, level 1s are ok so long as the say tattered. But look out for the vendor near moongate his say tattered but the text is out of line and the maps are just local maps.

Good luck with a fun toon.

nevermind

Post by nevermind »

U could always do what i do hit alblewan [the only trustworthy person i have found in this area ] up on irc and ask him to take a look at them for U
irc axejunkie